SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Discobolus

Re: SOS TV

Post by Discobolus »

Well Lincoln saw SOS yesterday it was them who told us no box sets and few films. If he hadn’t told us that we would have changed over yesterday.
WHL

Post by WHL »

If your paying someone here in Cyprus for a dodgy TV streaming service, then its only a matter of time before they get their collar felt, Nova/Cytanet aint going to give up..... , any person selling Dodgy deals in Cyprus are known by the Police, its a small place...my opinion .Google paid TV subs , and get it direct... some excellent providers out there.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lincoln

Thank you so very much for the clarification. I thought that might be the case but now I know definitely. Once I am able to leave the house I will go to see Brian and take it from there but once more thank you and happy viewing.

Rita

Galexinda

As one of the people who has asked "a question of Lincoln" may I assure you had I been able and fit enough to get to Computer SOS I certainly would have done it being quite near to where I live. However I have been confined to the house seriously ill and remain so until hopefully I will be given the all clear
next week.

It is my policy to go to the fountain head if I have a query or problem but on this occasion it was not possible. My question to Lincoln was in no way to compromise him I merely wished to know if he had changed to another system. I cannot speak for others but it is clear (and I agree with you on this) that some queries are best made to those providing a service/es. Mine was a simple Yes/No and I am grateful to Lincoln for his assistance.

By and large I find this forum a fount of knowledge on many subjects which has helped me immensely on many fronts and long may it continue.

Best wishes to all

Rita
exodus

Post by exodus »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:39 pm I would still like to know answers to my questions which Lincoln could answer rather that go all the way to SOS and they must be very busy on their phones.
So would I! One post of mine about SOS seems to have been deleted, I don't know why.
Amos.
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

We have been in to SOS today and have changed to this other system.
Not so many films or box sets but everything else is fine with us especially the sport for my husband.
Feel so sorry for Cheryl and Brian, they are such a lovely couple and are doing their best to solve the situation.
We would like to thank them for all their effort and for everything they have done for us over the years.
Keep your chins up you two you are doing an excellent job.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Well said Tremigirl.. We agree wholeheartedly with what you say..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

You could always try using PMs.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
holitec

Post by holitec »

Brian and Cheryl are excellent, I had some customers in today who wanted a different system that fitted their requirements better- they gave them a refund on their subs, and I found them another supplier that suited their needs.

They have had a difficult time, and have responded well. I was very impressed to hear this, bet no one else gives this level of support/service.

Digby
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Austin7 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:00 pm I quite agree, which is why I didn't want to go to the shop (yet again) to bombard them with further questions when there is a member on here who could have helped by answering those simple questions from his/her experience.
Lincoln has been helping people to the best of his ability. Now it's up to you as everyone else has been making the effort Austin 7. I get the feeling you want everyone else to do the groundwork!
harveywinning

Post by harveywinning »

As an alternative does Netflix work in Cyprus? They seem to be advertising the service at €7.99 per month. I have an ordinary flat screen TV - however would you need a smart TV, or a box, or something so that it works?
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

It's very easy to set up from your smart phone or computer and there are plenty of helpful "how to" videos on You Tube . However be aware that due to the licensing laws and agreements each country only allows certain content. You can see the list here https://www.finder.com/global-netflix-library-totals
Cyprus isn't even shown but if you look at Greece you probably get an idea of the limited stock available and indeed most reviewers of Netflix here in Cyprus complain at the limit amount available compared to other countries. They also understandably complain that as yet non have Greek subtitles.
But guess what there are ways to access certainly the UK content by using certain VPN sites though all such VPN sites now warn that Netflix is very good at closing content down .
You get a month's free trail on Netflix so night be worth a look if you don't want to follow the stampede to the new all singing all dancing megabox.
Cheers Mike
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

To all who want the new system as per the old from SOS. Then like others who have PM'd if you do likewise I can give you the info that you may need. Cannot do it all in public. :D
All things are possible
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

OK, I’m now ready to ditch Simon’s service, with the locked box. Anyone unlocked their’s? I presume a factory reset when in the bios?
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

We swapped ours still using the mag box yesterday. Sheryl unloaded the old software and put on the new one. It's not got as much as our old one but does have a good load of films in the video club, has all the sports channels you would want. A lot less in the radio as well, but to be honest we only really use a relatively small amount of channels on the old one. Bit like we did with sky and virgin back in the U.K.

Picture doesn't seem quite as crisp as last one but it's not bad either. We will stick with this and by the look of the amount of work that Sheryl has done and needs to do there are a lot of people who have swapped or are planning to do so.

25 Euro's a month so not a bad deal. As has been said by others very helpful service from SOS.

Jim.
Keith

Post by Keith »

poolriver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm We swapped ours still using the mag box yesterday. Sheryl unloaded the old software and put on the new one. It's not got as much as our old one but does have a good load of films in the video club, has all the sports channels you would want. A lot less in the radio as well, but to be honest we only really use a relatively small amount of channels on the old one. Bit like we did with sky and virgin back in the U.K.

Picture doesn't seem quite as crisp as last one but it's not bad either. We will stick with this and by the look of the amount of work that Sheryl has done and needs to do there are a lot of people who have swapped or are planning to do so.

25 Euro's a month so not a bad deal. As has been said by others very helpful service from SOS.

Jim.
Are you finding that when they talk sometimes they are slightly behind with the words Or have you never had a problem?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

harveywinning wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm As an alternative does Netflix work in Cyprus? They seem to be advertising the service at €7.99 per month. I have an ordinary flat screen TV - however would you need a smart TV, or a box, or something so that it works?
Yes Netflix does work in Cyprus . It was 2 years ago when I tried it , I can't remember much about it . I used it on my iPad , think I had to have a VPN . I only did the free trial , you have to give your credit card details , but it was very easy to cancel and not get charged anything . I think at the moment they are offering a one month trial .
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Mrblobby wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:18 pm
harveywinning wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:56 pm As an alternative does Netflix work in Cyprus? They seem to be advertising the service at €7.99 per month. I have an ordinary flat screen TV - however would you need a smart TV, or a box, or something so that it works?
Yes Netflix does work in Cyprus . It was 2 years ago when I tried it , I can't remember much about it . I used it on my iPad , think I had to have a VPN . I only did the free trial , you have to give your credit card details , but it was very easy to cancel and not get charged anything . I think at the moment they are offering a one month trial .
Yes that's correct, I bought an Ipad for somebody recently because their TV Box was caught up in the problems. Loaded Netflix as a 1 month free trial (and You Tube as well) in case the problem was solved! They opted to go for an alternative supplier not affected by the problems though & I subsequently cancelled the Netflix subscription with no problems.

Shane
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Good luck with all of the above, although I am astonished how much people pay per month for their service. I pay either £10 per month, £25 per quarter or £75 a year for about 600 tv channels (many in FHD or HD) and about 4500 HD movies or box sets. No radio, but that's life. 7-14 day catchup as well, all in HD. All the movie and sports channels as well, and hardly a buffer on my 10 Mb service. I've been using this service for about a year, and it is my fifth IPTV service in the last five years. And by far and away the best. Quo vadis ...
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

Keith wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:42 pm
poolriver wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:54 pm We swapped ours still using the mag box yesterday. Sheryl unloaded the old software and put on the new one. It's not got as much as our old one but does have a good load of films in the video club, has all the sports channels you would want. A lot less in the radio as well, but to be honest we only really use a relatively small amount of channels on the old one. Bit like we did with sky and virgin back in the U.K.

Jim.
Are you finding that when they talk sometimes they are slightly behind with the words Or have you never had a problem?
Keith,

We only had it a couple of days and not watched a lot. Yes I think we have that. It also seems to buffer on specific channels. Will wait to see how it goes over the next month.

Jim.
Canary Man

Post by Canary Man »

Are you using the D links for the WiFi or a cable direct from the modem to the TV.jj