Low value coin donations to charities

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Low value coin donations to charities

Post by kansas »

For the last few years we've been putting all our small value coins into containers. Just before Christmas we like to donate the cash to a local charity.

The Co-Op Bank used to allow us to put the coins through their machine and would give us the value in notes so we could hand it on to our charity of choice.

We've recently heard that banks are now imposing a charge for this which rather defeats the point of saving the coins for charity.

Does anyone know if banks make exceptions for registered charities, i.e. dog shelter or hospice? If this is the case we could hand on the coins to one of them and they could get the cash themselves without a deduction.

Thanks in advance
chatsworth

Re: Low value coin donations to charities

Post by chatsworth »

The manager at the Bank of Cyprus in Polemi insisted there is a €5 charge the last time we took some in so we have saved them up and will take a shed load at the same time.
Geoff
St Michael's charity shop, Polemi
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I would see if you can get it changed at Ikoagora. They are always after shrapnel. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

The Friends Hospice & Stray Haven dog shelter are more than happy to receive coins.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Noticed a big charity box in Paps at the harbour, where I always Chuck my loose coins in.....