Upgrade offer from Cobalt

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
LouiseCastricum

Re: Upgrade offer from Cobalt

Post by LouiseCastricum »

If Amsterdam was included I would join immediately.
Louise :)
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Cobalt easily beats Jet2 that's for sure...
June

Post by June »

nholleran wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:32 pm Shame they don't fly into Manchester
Exactly but I would be very interested to hear Lloyd's thoughts on his trip. Be useful to know if they've pulled their socks up since Flossie's experience!
Cactuslil

Post by Cactuslil »

Sounds really good but Larnaca’s no good for us when Paphos is just 20mins away.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flown many times with them, and would recommend them 100%, I will certainly be buying their new privilege package, its a no brainer.
June

Post by June »

My sentiments when I first saw the offer. Imagine how much you pay for all these add-ons, per flight, with EJ and Ryanair.
[/quote]

Quite but not being funny, the thought "if it sounds too good to be true, it may not be" has crossed my mind. Hence the interest in your thoughts after the trip.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

They do but only direct from LCA not PFO
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
June

Post by June »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 am
Ahh....that wasn't shown on HIC's original post
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Hudswell wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:41 am if they can improve their Paphos flights to the UK, particularly to the North, then I think they will be onto a real winner.
Agree.
Last I checked,(July - travel section of this forum) they fly from Paphos to -
Athens, Thessalonika, Heraklion, Chania, Mykonos. Moscow Scheremetyevo.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I've only used Cobalt once and they were excellent. Staff are very helpful and generally pleasant. I paid extra to upgrade which imho was worth it. Would certainly use again and will probably subscribe to this scheme as it seems very good value. My upgrade cost me €50 so the money is recouped with the vouchers they offer you.
J B

Post by J B »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:11 am Paphos to the UK is a crowded market already. Where I live I see all the flights as they go in. There are countless EJ and Ryanair flights to the UK each day. If I created a new airline I would want to pick what I perceived to be the low hanging fruit, rather than compete - inevitably on price - on overcrowded routes with the big boys.
But PFO-MAN all year round isn't that much of a 'crowded market', is it.
Even Ryanair stopped doing it.
J B
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

My wife uses Cobalt from LCA on regular business trips to Madrid, all fine so far. I've been with her once for a spot of sight seeing whilst she was working hard and found them ok. In terms of customer service I'd say they are a bit behind where easyjet are now but as a young business they are improving. I think the benefit of the card is generous but still a bit marginal for her at the moment.
Limassol68

Post by Limassol68 »

Just a word of warning on Cobalt.

I booked late last year to travel with them from Stansted to Larnaca on Easter Sunday, in January they cancelled the flight and rescheduled it instead for Easter Monday arriving late at night so I decided to get a refund on the ticket as the new time didn't suit my schedule. Two month's later I was still waiting for my refund from them despite numerous phone calls and e-mails to their 'customer services' team. Eventually I complained to the UK Civil Aviation Authority, within a few hours of sending a copy of the complaint to Cobalt my monies were paid back, co-incidence maybe but something tells me not.

Would I travel again with them ? Yes I would but I just hope there are never any issues and I have to deal with their customer services people
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Because I am on the Eastern Forum, I have seen reports before about them cancelling flights from Larnaca.. Hopefully it will be a rare occurrence.
Trev..
tyelaw47

Post by tyelaw47 »

Just a word of caution HIC, if Brexit causes the end of flights to,from and over the UK then you could be wasting your money or are you,by purchasing this,accepting that flights will be OK? ;) :D
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:15 am Because I am on the Eastern Forum, I have seen reports before about them cancelling flights from Larnaca.. Hopefully it will be a rare occurrence.
I think they had some problems with late flights/cancellations when they first started out, Ive used them many times for flights to London and Europe and im very happy with the costs/service/and flight times, as for the new package deal both my wife and I will be signing up,.. complimentary hold luggage will pay for its self after just one flight.
tyelaw47

Post by tyelaw47 »

Not so HIC although you may have noticed that my post was rather tongue in cheek! Your link however does state that if the flights from UK were grounded then there would be reciprocal action taken so I really believe that we do have a full understanding of this ridiculous scaremongering so might I suggest that you digest comprehensively any link you might post?
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

PhotoLady wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 am
... And now only in the summer as they no longer do the Manchester route in winter - which is a flippin' shame!

Have flown with them loads of times since they started and thankfully never had a problem.

Cheers

Steve
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Hudswell knows best ;)
outasite

Post by outasite »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:13 pm There would be blood on the streets if flights by legitimate airlines were disallowed on a vengeful 'reciprocal' basis. Surely the government wouldn't want to shoot istself twice in the foot?

It is UK airlines which need to ensure they are fully compliant with EU rules and regulations post-Brexit - not the other way round! EU airlines are already compliant. That's why some UK airlines are moving parts of their operation to Europe; so some will be OK to fly post-Brexit, others may not be.

Anyway, it seems the penny has finally dropped that the UK will have to adopt with most EU rules and regs anyway post-Brexit, if it wishes to continue to trade with Europe : https://uk.news.yahoo.com/uk-plans-adop ... 6217.html

So am sure they will soon fall into line on aviation requirements ;)
Blood on the streets if legitimate airlines are not allowed into the UK? From this I assume you believe no British airline will be legitimate. We will have to obey EU rules if we wish to fly into the EU. The EU's airlines will have to follow the same UK Civil Aviation rules that American, Canadian, Australian and all other non EU airlines have to adhere to if they wish to fly into the UK. Do not forget, also, that the UK Air Traffic Control system controls many many thousands of square miles of airspace to the west of Ireland which is flown over by the large percentage of EU airlines daily. In fact when the PM of Eire mouthed off about flying rights it was pointed out to him that the only place he could reach from Ireland that did not overfly British controlled airspace was Tenerife. So I don't think for a minute that the EU will close their airspace to British Airlines, especially as it would be a vast increase in fuel costs for the EU airlines circumnavigating British airspace.