What are my rights?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Re: What are my rights?

Post by WHL »

Royal wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:35 am Very helpful WHL. :roll:
Just my opinion... cheers
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Probably more Dominic! I don't want to return anyway,they are nice and what I wanted and OH has already worn one pair! As I said all they had to do was remove the sales sticker before posting and I would have been none the wiser!!
angieb

Post by angieb »

Last week I was shopping in Tesco in Ayr. When I'm shopping there I use the hand scanner, so I scan the barcode of each item I want and put it straight into my bag - at checkout there is an occasional random check to make sure you haven't bagged anything you haven't scanned! When I got to checkout, I scanned the terminal to conclude and to pay but there was an error message. The assistant came over to check and said the price of a reduced cake that I had scanned had been reduced further, before I got to checkout, and she deducted the extra amount. I would have been none the wiser and it was only about 40p, but it was interesting to see that their system flagged it up.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Smudger

You are spot-on with your postings. A Contract was completed and both sides gave and received consideration, one cash, the other goods.

Time to move on.

Alan
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I can sympathise with Poppy, it's all a matter of feeling that you've been ripped off. The small print, which we hardly ever read, always provides a 'get out'.

WHL

You really are objectionable at times.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm I can sympathise with Poppy, it's all a matter of feeling that you've been ripped off. The small print, which we hardly ever read, always provides a 'get out'.

WHL

You really are objectionable at times.

Jackie
Its was my opinion,that for the sake of 8 quid was it really worth the moaning, when the company had not done anything wrong.she was not ripped off..and your opinion is that im objectionable, thats what forums should be, you give your views I give mine..,seriously thou, if it bothers you so much..why dont you start a whip round,
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Thank you Jackie - you and I always seem to be on the same wave length!! As to WHL, yes he can be objectionable but I developed a very hard skin in my working life and comments such as his just sail right over my head!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Here's a counterpoint. Had the price tag shown a price higher than was advertised online, would you have felt obliged to pay the difference?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Well if we do have to continue with this saga I will say this. Last year whilst still living in Cyprus I ordered several items from a UK firm. When they arrived one of the items did not fit. The firm assured me that they would refund me the cost of the item as soon as they received it back in their warehouse. This they did BUT they made a mistake and credited my bank account with the whole amount of the invoice not just the one item. Did I tell them? Yes of course I did and they were very greatful for my honesty! Both of us have always been scrupulously honest and that is the way we have always lived our lives.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Poppy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:47 pm Well if we do have to continue with this saga I will say this. Last year whilst still living in Cyprus I ordered several items from a UK firm. When they arrived one of the items did not fit. The firm assured me that they would refund me the cost of the item as soon as they received it back in their warehouse. This they did BUT they made a mistake and credited my bank account with the whole amount of the invoice not just the one item. Did I tell them? Yes of course I did and they were very greatful for my honesty! Both of us have always been scrupulously honest and that is the way we have always lived our lives.
Poppy

No more than I would have expected of you. I was going to reply to your substantive point but Smudger beat me to it and I agree 100% with her interpretation of contract law in respect of this matter. Just think of the poor packer who did not remove the offending label had you pursued this further - then smile.

Regards

Rita
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

WHL

Thank you, you have just proved my point :lol:

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

If they had arrived priced £15, would you have sent them the extra £4 because they had been wrongly priced ? :lol:
What we are
What we have been
What we intend to be
is shown more in the Patience we exhibit than through any other virtue
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

See my previous post. The answer is yes! However according to Smudger and Rita I would have been in my rights to keep them at the price paid.
smudger

Post by smudger »

You would indeed Poppy!!!
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Remember that the School of Experience is always costly!

Cheers- AL (what on earth am I doing up at 03:16 BST?) ;)
Gone but not forgotten...