Ant Baits

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Ant Baits

Post by kansas »

A number of years ago we bought, in Paphos, several small plastic containers, we think either Japanese or Chinese in origin, that worked very well with getting rid of ants.

The plastic containers held small granules of a deterrent that the ants found irresistible. They would take the bait back to the nest and within a matter of hours the bait had vanished and so had the ants.

We used our final one last night. Has anyone seen them recently and, if so, where?

Thanks in advance
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Ant Baits

Post by Devil »

You can get similar in Lidl under the marque Raid. All you do is remove the plastic wrap and place them near the beasties, They love it! It does not have granules but a paste.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

I use the ones from London Garden Centre on Polis Rd. They are €5 each, not cheap but work for me. Not had ants since I started using them 2 years ago.
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

Itisfun wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm If you draw a chalk line around you house or in door ways etc ants will never cross it
Do you have to draw it twice?
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Lofos-5 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:41 pm
Itisfun wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:40 pm If you draw a chalk line around you house or in door ways etc ants will never cross it
Do you have to draw it twice?
LOL! When conveying an important message to people, most say it twice, to ensure it's sunk in!

Even Dominic repeats himself here on PL now and again... That's an amazing theory, itisfun, thanks! I'll give it a try...

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Apparently talcum powder kills them.... as it gets into their joints....

But not in a fast way...
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I just use Ant Powder, not as easy to get hold of since the Euro shop (Polis Rd) closed, but d-i-y shops sell it. I find this works very well.
Dee