Swimming pool law damaging Cyprus property and tourism

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Swimming pool law damaging Cyprus property and tourism

Post by Paphos Life »

Both tourism and the property market in Cyprus are being damaged by outdated and unworkable laws governing swimming pools, which have seen many complexes closing theirs over the last few years. The problem is that Cyprus recognises communal pools found at private complexes as public ones and therefore applies stringent

Read the article and chat about it below...
WHL

Re: Swimming pool law damaging Cyprus property and tourism

Post by WHL »

Paphos Life wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:50 am Both tourism and the property market in Cyprus are being damaged by outdated and unworkable laws governing swimming pools, which have seen many complexes closing theirs over the last few years. The problem is that Cyprus recognises communal pools found at private complexes as public ones and therefore applies stringent

Read the article and chat about it below...
To balance things out, many property's are rented out on booking sites, so they become public pools, how many times do people renting these property's go out come ba k tanked up and go for a late night dip, people being drowned also isn't a good advert for a country's tourism
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Oh come off it. If you are doing a headcount, start with road accidents. Eliminate them, then look at accidents from hunting. Eliminate them, and a few others, then consider how many people drown in swimming pools.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:15 pm Oh come off it. If you are doing a headcount, start with road accidents. Eliminate them, then look at accidents from hunting. Eliminate them, and a few others, then consider how many people drown in swimming pools.
I didnt say I agreed with it, I was trying to think of why these laws have been brought in ? Could this be an EU ruling/ directive ?.