Changing dressings

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lefkes

Changing dressings

Post by lefkes »

My wife is home from the general hospital after surgery on her leg and arm and I need to find a nurse who does home visits to change her dressings every few days . Any information would be appreciated. We live in Chloraka .Lefkes
Last edited by lefkes on Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Changing dressings

Post by Dominic »

I edited the title of your post. It said "Chancing dressings", and I changed it to "Changing dressings". If you meant "Chancing" then I am happy to change it back. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

It may help if you give your location
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

Uncle D wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:01 am It may help if you give your location
Uncle D. We live in Chloraka, thanks . lefkes.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Surely there must be a retired nurse or qualified first aider who could do this for you. I will be surprised if no-one volunteers.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Shogun

Post by Shogun »

Phoenix Ambulance and their team of paramedic are near you in Kissonerga
Why not ask them 01926 403359 Email: info@phoenix-ambulance.co.uk
What we are
What we have been
What we intend to be
is shown more in the Patience we exhibit than through any other virtue
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

You beat me to it Shogun. Have just sent Lefkes a PM suggesting Phoenix!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It would be interesting to know why the General Hospital is not going to be used ??

Trev..
Trev..
lefkes

Post by lefkes »

trevnhil wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:01 pm It would be interesting to know why the General Hospital is not going to be used ??

Trev..
Hi, Trev, we have an appointment at the General in two weeks time to have the leg checked until then the dressings need to be changed every three days , I have since been to our village pharmacy and he has supplied me with everything I need plus a step by step guide to doing this . Nobody at the general suggested we could return there every three days to get this done . Plus at the moment my wife is immobile with the leg breaks and a broken arm. Lefkes.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Lefkes - I don't know if it helps but when my husband had an op on his back at Nicosia General, I had to change the dressings and bathe it in iodine ( not sure what it is called in Cyprus) - they provided it and it was of course to prevent infection. When he had a smaller Op in Paphos General they told him to return for the dressing changes but of course he was mobile and maybe that is why they did not offer it immediately to your wife?
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Sorry but if your pharmacy has given you everything you need with a step by step guide on what to do then why do you need a nurse?

Shane
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Apus Apus pay attention!! Lefkes was hoping for a nurse to visit because of his wifes immobility but when he had not received any information on who might do this he attended the Pharmacy who advised him how to do it himself. For some people ( like me) it is quite daunting to dress wounds etc indeed when my husband was receiving chemo he needed injections at home, the nurse at Nicosia offered to teach me how to do it using an orange but I chickened out and the Cancer Nurses came in to do it!!i
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I certainly would not like to have to dress my wifes wounds if she had any..

However back to the question.... Someone we knew who once lived in Droushia needed wound dressing and a 'district nurse' type person came to the house. I do not know though how or who organised this.
But it was available a few years ago..

Trev..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

What do you mean " FULLY Integrated " please..

Trev..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thanks for the reply... I am a member of Phoenix Ambulance service, so I was surprised to have had no notification (email) of any big changes. We have certainly used them a number of times in the last couple of years and wondered if the changes would affect us at all.
However after looking on Face Book I now see that a New company has been formed way back in April...
Quote..
" Phoenix Ambulance Service. We at Phoenix are pleased to announce that a new company has now been formed officially from April with Evangelismos Hospital This is our new Logo, all vehicles have GPS, Tracking etc we will be at various events throughout Paphos in the coming months Rugby, Paws, UKCA come and chat to the crew and find out more."
Unquote..

I have no doubt at all that this will be to the benefit of all concerned, ie Staff and Members..

I hope this thread enlightens other members..

Trev..
Trev..