Man arrested in Paphos after car chase; found carrying unregistered metal detector

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Man arrested in Paphos after car chase; found carrying unregistered metal detector

Post by Paphos Life »

Police in Paphos arrested a 38-year-old man early Friday morning for possessing an unregistered metal detector. According to police, shortly after midnight on Friday, a patrol spotted the man inside a vehicle with no license plates parked outside a kiosk on Archbishop Makarios Avenue in Konia. When officers approached the vehicle, the man drove away. ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Man arrested in Paphos after car chase; found carrying unregistered metal detector

Post by Kili01 »

Hope that they catch him.... using a metal detector anywhere near an archaeological site is strictly forbidden.This also includes much of Paphos town and its surroundings.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Man arrested in Paphos after car chase; found carrying unregistered metal detector

Post by Dominic »

Given that they arrested him I think it is safe to say that he was caught.

In terms of where you can use registered metal detectors, I remember looking into this some time ago. From what I recall, the only safe areas were beaches.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The report says he was captured "Police in Paphos arrested a 38-year-old man early Friday morning "
Trev..
wantoosoon

Post by wantoosoon »

It seems a bit ridiculous that you can't use a metal detector without permission.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Not at all, WTS. There are still many un excavated archaeological sites, since people use metal detectors for personal gain, it amounts to theft. Other countries have similar laws.

Dee