Cataracts

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

Cataracts

Post by Paul »

In January I had to get some new glasses due to a change in my eyes.

How ever since January my right eye has developed a cataract very quickly along with the small one in the left eye.

I have been to the eye doctor at the Blue Cross hospital, he spent the best part of an hour examining my right eye.

He informed me that my eyes are very good but it’s the cataracts that are the only problem.

4 days later I had both eyes scanned and am now waiting to go to the eye treatment centre in Nicosia to have the cataract removed from the right eye.

And a month later to have the one removed from the left eye.

What can you say about the speed of service from the health service in Cyprus.
trevnhil

Re: Cataracts

Post by trevnhil »

Although I am not in the UK I do read the newspaper reports about the NHS. I also have a Daughter in the NHS in Scotland and get first-hand information from her.. I also am in a FB group where from time to time people complain about the NHS.
Mostly it is about the waiting time to see someone when you have a medical problem.
Over here in Cyprus there seems to be very little waiting time..
Occasionally there will be, as I have an appointment to see a Rheumatologist but I can't see her until November
But overall I think waiting times here are minimal.
Trev..
JimX

Re: Cataracts

Post by JimX »

I went to my usual optician, within a week or so I had one removed, they normally will only do one at a time, several weeks later the other was done no waiting if you are on Gesy, the cost was for two cataract removals was only 6 euros, I used Dr Savvas, your Optician will give you contacts and a referral.

The difference to your sight will be amazing but one thing you will need is reading specs...Since I have had Laser treatment to clear the inside of my eyes this also you may need, the cost again was minimal if you use GESY..

Highly recommend Dr Savvas on 26947948 best in town, does not do glasses or frames though.

:geek:
Jim.