Booster jab at the General...

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jeba

Re: Booster jab at the General...

Post by jeba » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:58 am

galexinda wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:06 pm
Definitely agree that making an appointment is a far superior experience than just turning up.
Easier said than done. I wanted to make an appointment (in Larnaca though) but was told that´s not possible and to simply show up without one. Maybe that´s because I´m not in GESY?

PolemIan

Post by PolemIan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:18 pm

poolriver wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:00 pm
PolemIan wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:34 pm
trevnhil wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm
I think this mayhem is because in the lower age group are many many people. I went without booking 3 weeks ago and there were no queues and in and out in 10 minutes.
As HIC says, now it is best to Go early
Trev, not sure of which range of lower age group you’re thinking of but as eligibility is based on an elapsed 6 months since completion of second dose, it’s a while yet until the below 50 groups hit the rank. For example my 6 months is not up until just before Christmas.

Think I’ll stick to a booked appointment at Polis again when the time comes.

Ian
Hi,

With regard to what PolemIan wrote my understanding was the General was only option to get booster jab. I have to say my preferred option would be booked appointment at Polis. Any advice out there if that is a possibility? I am due next month.

Jim.
Jim,

Copied and pasted from email received from Gov Press Information Office on 16/11, see the second paragraph in particular:

“ The procedure for the administration of a booster dose for individuals aged 40 years and over starts as of tomorrow, November 17th, provided that a period of six months has elapsed since the completion of their vaccination scheme (namely the administration of a second dose in the case of Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca vaccines or Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine).

The beneficiaries will be able to be served as of tomorrow at the walk-in vaccination centres operating in all Districts, from Monday to Thursday, from 8 am to 1 pm. Alternatively, individuals aged 40 and over will be able to arrange an appointment via the Vaccination Portal as of tomorrow.

It is recalled that people who received the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines during the initial vaccination, will receive the same vaccine for the booster dose. People who were initially vaccinated with the AstraZeneca vaccine will be able to choose an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer/BioNTech or Moderna). Finally, people who received the Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose vaccine will be able to be vaccinated with either an mRNA vaccine or a Johnson & Johnson one.

All individuals must provide proof of identification (identity, passport, Alien Registration Card, etc.) as well as their Vaccination Card.”

Hope this helps.

Ian

trevnhil

Post by trevnhil » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:47 pm

As Ians post is from the 11th ... Do bear in mind a previous post
"Hours are now up to 6pm. Almost everyone reporting it as very busy are going between 10 and 12. Try the afternoon."
Trev..

Kili01

Post by Kili01 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:18 pm

I went this afternoon, abt 2.30pm to the walk in clinic at the General Hospital. Today, it was busy, but perfectly civilised. There was sufficient seating for virtually everyone. We were waiting in the long corridor, to the right of the old registration counter, which was well ventilated. Vaccinations were being carried out in 3's, by 3 nurses in 2 adjacent rooms. You went in to get your numbered ticket, and then sat and waited outside. A man posted on the doorway, called out 3 numbers at a time. When my turn came, I was motioned into the 2nd room. The nurse gave me the Pfizer vaccine. Then I waited for 10 mins, before being released. It was very well organised. I was there about 45 mins, total.
Parking was easy, as the hospital was otherwise quiet. My experience was quite different to HIC's.

Dee

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:55 am

Dee, my wife's experience a few weeks ago was also quite different to mine. But I can only recount my experience as it happened on Monday morning. Other than localised pain and slight swelling around the needle entry point I since experienced no adverse affects and no symptoms of the dread disease either.

My son-in-law called up his GP, Dr Dora, at the Blue Cross today and 5 minutes later the secretary rang back with an appopintment for early next week. So ringing your GP may be a good option if you can't, or don't want to, use the GESY portal.

Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:13 am

We must have been lucky, Tuesday 16th my wife had a check up appointment at 8.30am at the General, thought we would get the booster while we’re there, bit busy but not chaotic,10 mins in, asked for Monderna fully taken up, so opted for the Pfizer as the nurse said their was no difference between the two, 10 mins later finished and out.

norman347

Post by norman347 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:38 am

Myself and wife had our booster yesterday at Paphos general. I was dreading going after reading HICs post. We went at 12.30 and were jabbed within 5 mins of entering. Both appointment and walkin places were very quiet.
Cheers Norman

Diocletian

Post by Diocletian » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:23 am

Due to having a heart attack about a month ago, I was called to the GH in Paphos for a consultation with the cardiologist on Monday morning. All seems to be well with the results of the first op and now I wait for the second in late January. I am told that this is due to the machinery needed for the op, being out of action.

Whilst there we asked about getting the booster although our first two jabs were executed in the UK. We were told to fill out a form and email it with evidence to the eudcc site. We did that and I had a reply stating that my vaccinations were accepted by the EUDCC but no advice as to the booster. We intend to rock up early on Friday to the walkin centre and ask for the boosters. We are too young to register with Gesy although we are retired and residents.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.

JimX

Post by JimX » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:46 am

Norman, you were very lucky, after advice from my Daughter the wife and I turned up at 12pm yesterday, could not park in any of the main car parks front or rear, the actual booster waiting room was just heaving with push and pull fights going on, we gave up and returned home, will try later in the day next week....
Jim.