Easy jet flights

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Royle

Easy jet flights

Post by Royle »

Hi folks i am getting conflicting info anybody have the answer. Due to fly in on 5th fully vaccinated but been told easy jet wont let you board without a Pcr test ! Cant see anything on their website about this.
TandC

Re: Easy jet flights

Post by TandC »

"the Republic of Cyprus authorities have announced that from 1 May 2021 travellers with proof of two COVID-19 vaccinations completed within a specified timeframe before travel will not be required to take a pre-departure PCR test. Until there is means to certify vaccinations for international travel, you should follow the guidance above on pre-departure PCR tests for passengers coming from Amber Category countries"

The above is taken from UK Gov webiste. As far as I know there is no agreemnt yet on how to verify vaccinations so that is why test still applies..
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

It’s seeming that this is EasyJet’s policy rather than the Govt
I have heard of EJ refusing travel without a negative PCR test
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Princebytor

Post by Princebytor »

If you have completed the flight pass 48 hours before departure and provided the vacination evidence and the Cypriot authorities have given you clearance to fly I can't see why Easyjet insist on a negative PCR test. I think that it is significant that EJ have cancelled all the flights after the 5th (we were due out on the 11th) until July...............rather than things easing it seems to be getting harder to get out there.
janeandian

Post by janeandian »

This is taken from Easyjet website

Entry Requirements in Cyprus
Fully vaccinated passengers

Cyprus is open for fully vaccinated passengers with a vaccination certificate issued by the certain countries and are exempt from COVID-19 testing and quarantine requirements. More information can be found in the sections shown below.

North America: USA, Canada.
EU/Schengen countries: Andorra, Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Vatican City.
Europe: Russia, Ukraine, United Kingdom.
Asia: Armenia, Bahrain, Georgia, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates.
Oceania: New Zealand.
Africa: Egypt.

Also from a Cypriot document posted on easyjet website

Travelers who can prove that they have received all necessary doses of an authorized
vaccine, will not be required to undergo any tests to visit Cyprus, irrespective of colour-
categorization of their country of departure
El tel

Post by El tel »

I was booked to fly out from Bristol to Paphos on the 5th June but have moved my flight forward as the information from easyJet is not clear. They are still taking bookings for a flight from Bristol to Paphos for this Saturday so there appears to be no consistency on the flight programme.

Terry
Royle

Post by Royle »

Issue seems to be that some have been refused travel because they hadnt a negative pcr irrespective of cypriot rules
BOB Peyia

Post by BOB Peyia »

El tel wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:57 pm I was booked to fly out from Bristol to Paphos on the 5th June but have moved my flight forward as the information from easyJet is not clear. They are still taking bookings for a flight from Bristol to Paphos for this Saturday so there appears to be no consistency on the flight programme.

Terry
Is this going against the governments plea for people not travel abroad to amber countries unless it’s necessary?
El tel

Post by El tel »

I am still not clear on what is required on flights from the U.K. to Cyprus. EasyJet are saying on their website that all that is required is a vaccination certificate . I know a flight from Bristol arrived yesterday and am wondering if any member knows any passengers who have recently arrived from the U.K. and what are the actual requirements. I am assuming that you require the Cyprus travel information pass as well as the vaccination certificate ?

Terry
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

If you an MEU1 or MEU3 you can opt to have the test in Cyprus. If not, as I understand it, even if you’d had both jabs you will still need a negative test result to board the flight.