Curfew? What curfew?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Curfew? What curfew?

Post by MacManiac »

I spent the first night of five at the Blue Cross Clinic in Paphos, where I am receiving excellent care and enjoying good food. But, if there is a curfew in Paphos, it is not obvious. Until at least one o’clock in the morning, the motorcycles, scooters, souped-up cars with enormous exhausts, raced up and down the dual carriageway outside. I could not believe the noise. The staff tell me that it is the same every night. Is there a police force in Paphos? Last night I found it hard to believe.
Sashascot

Re: Curfew? What curfew?

Post by Sashascot »

Sorry to hear about the noise as I am due there next week.Is there a wi-fi facility as I was going to bring my I-pad ?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I guess that there must be wifi at Blue Cross, as the original poster said he was a patient there...
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Yes. Join “Blue Cross Rooms” and password is 12345678.
lotus

Post by lotus »

My partner was in the Iasis for a couple of weeks very recently and she said the same about the dual carriage way being like a racetrack to the early morning
Sashascot

Post by Sashascot »

Thank you for the info."Senior moment" earlier !!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I was also an in patient at Iasis, but several years ago. Even then, I noticed the noise from car exhausts and motor bikes which appeared to be racing.This in the early hours of the morning.
The police must know what is going on on the dual carriageway, but they don't seem to do anything about it.
Which is quite wrong.
Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It does indeed seem strange that the Police are not stopping Motorists out and about in the early Morning
Trev..
lotus

Post by lotus »

Perhaps they can't catch them Trev
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Second night at Blue Cross … much improved. The volume of traffic appeared far less (on a Saturday), and that made life a lot easier. The Friday night was like being in a psychiatric hospital, due to the fact an elderly Cypriot (with what, sadly, seemed advanced dementia) was shouting and crying out for hours on end. Last night they shut his door, and also shut mine and so the noise was dramatically lessened. I took my doctor’s advice and asked for something to help me sleep, and I got a solid seven hours under my belt.

The care here is excellent and nothing is too much trouble. Food is hot and mainly delicious (although the portions are enormous). Looking forward to Wednesday and home …
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I have been an in patient at Blue Cross three times and was never disturbed by road traffic noise.
All things are possible
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Lincoln wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:10 am I have been an in patient at Blue Cross three times and was never disturbed by road traffic noise.
I suspect it is all a matter of where your room is situated.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

MacManiac wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:11 am
Lincoln wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:10 am I have been an in patient at Blue Cross three times and was never disturbed by road traffic noise.
I suspect it is all a matter of where your room is situated.
Ahh, Yes I was always situated at the back of the Hosp, so it was quiet, :D
All things are possible
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

MacManiac wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 12:40 pm Yes. Join “Blue Cross Rooms” and password is 12345678.
There will be a congregation outside getting free WiFi soon !!!