Overseas Summer Holidays Extremely Unlikely This Year

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Overseas Summer Holidays Extremely Unlikely This Year

Post by Firefly »

I think that you have been confused by my post.

I was not referring to situations such as yours, merely that those who can afford to run two homes, can move freely between the UK and foreign countries, but the rest of us mere mortals who can only afford to run one, cannot.

And for what it's worth, I am not 'Arsed' what you think either !
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
J B

Post by J B »

I think we are just speculating on press speculation.

Until the rules are made, we don't have the actual facts to argue about ;)
J B
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

I think these rules came into force this Monday. I am interested in the Legal Duty part as I am a Chairman of a Management Committee. Notwithstanding our residency allows for travel but the OH has to have surgery this year and has just been given the nod that things are moving again.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

J B wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:21 pm I think we are just speculating on press speculation.

Until the rules are made, we don't have the actual facts to argue about ;)
Apparently, the relevant information is supposed to appear under: SCHEDULE 5 - Regulation 8 (paragraph 7) is the amended paragraphs (of a very long Parliamentary document) that is specific to covering these reasons.

Here you find the updated legislation in its entirety:

7. Where it is reasonably necessary for P (person) to leave the United Kingdom to undertake any of the following activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property—

(a) visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes;
(b) viewing residential properties to look for a property to buy or to rent;
(c) preparing a residential property to move in;
(d) moving house;
(e) to visit a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property.

I haven't seen the document myself but the above information is obtained from an overseas real estate agency dealing with British clients.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
brianh

Post by brianh »

Worth noting that the International Travel Declaration Form requires appropriate evidence to be attached, as below, to justify travel under the revised foreign property legislation

Recommended evidence: proof of contract, court decision and proof of place of residence, order to present oneself to a judicial or administrative authority, expiring residence permit, dismissal notice, letter or appointment details from estate agent, relevant contract or letters detailing sales, or other appropriate documentation.