Man angry with Social Insurance throws chair at glass window

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
memory man

Man angry with Social Insurance throws chair at glass window

Post by memory man »

A man waiting for a long time at the Social Insurance office in Paphos due to the increased security measures being implemented, was asked to wait for his turn outside the office.

The man lost his temper and grabbing a chair he threw it on the office’s glass window breaking it and causing a turmoil.

The officers of the government office informed the Police, members of which arrived to the scene and arrested the man. He was taken to the Police station where he was accused in writing and later released.

https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/man-ang ... ss-window/
glowred

Re: Man angry with Social Insurance throws chair at glass window

Post by glowred »

Whilst you cannot condone violence and criminal damage of any kind in a civilized society it just goes to show the shambles that the SI office is in. The system isn’t fit for purpose. For those that have to use it the whole system is time consuming, tedious , bureaucratic nonsense. I have stopped using the Paphos office and go to Polis instead, the same bureaucracy but a lot less people with staff that give you help.

Neil
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Agreed, I do not condone violence either but this piece of news made me belly laugh! I can still remember the pain of the monthly visits to pay our Social Insurance.

It was always a shambles and he who shouted the loudest normally won the day.

If you went in with a calm state of mind (after trying to find somewhere suitable to park), you were onto a winner however, there was still the odd occasion I felt like throwing a chair through the window too. 🤔😂

Maggie B

PS I hope nobody was hurt.
WHL

Post by WHL »

The twit should have the book thrown at him, it dosnt matter how bad any office is, throwing a chair through the window? Imagine if someone was the other side of that glass, and got cut to ribbons
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

WHL wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:51 pm The twit should have the book thrown at him, it dosnt matter how bad any office is, throwing a chair through the window? Imagine if someone was the other side of that glass, and got cut to ribbons
Of course WHL but, have you never 'lost the plot' in your own head? Albeit unreasonable. 😁 I wont believe you if you try to defend yourself on this one.

MB
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Whilst I don’t condone violence, I can certainly understand how he felt.
I’ve been in the queues at the SI offices on several occasions, one of the last times I witnessed a man on his knees in the middle of the office upstairs as he had no money to feed his family or pay his rent. 😢
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Sadie wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:48 pm Whilst I don’t condone violence, I can certainly understand how he felt.
I’ve been in the queues at the SI offices on several occasions, one of the last times I witnessed a man on his knees in the middle of the office upstairs as he had no money to feed his family or pay his rent. 😢
Mmmmm,,i guess we all have a breaking point :(