Ordering from Amazon.de

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Aargent

Ordering from Amazon.de

Post by Aargent »

Has anyone ordered lately from Amazon.de and if so did it arrive in a reasonable time ? I need to get some things but if they just get added to the postal pile here that is not good. Do the parcels get added to the pile or do they pass by
I have to decide soon whether to chance it or try to source locally.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Jimgym

Re: Ordering from Amazon.de

Post by Jimgym »

There is a message from post office saying all services to Europe have been suspended for a week due to bad weather so that may have a bearing on your decision.https://www.pio.gov.cy/en/press-release ... 18458#flat
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

If it has come via DHL then that is normal post and will go to the post office or if its a small item maybe your post box. If its been sent via UPS the will deliver to your door.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I'm waiting for a parcel. Had info that it will be one week delayed.
Louise :)
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yesterday after trying to order from Amazon UK and with three failed attempts, for some reason they would not dispatch to Cyprus, I tried DE and they indeed did dispatch here, until things settled down best to use DE in my opinion.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Last time I used Amazon UK in January, the packet was actually despatched from Germany and came post free to me ..
Trev..
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

Similar situation Amazon UK wouldn't post to Cyprus but on Amazon DE they would but at a rediculous cost. Find eBay a lot more easier to use and cheaper in many cases free international shipping I recently ordered some new Bosch saw blades from a UK advertiser and they arrived shipped from Tashkent Uzbekizstan !! Look the real deal and so far no problems or breakages !