New HSBC Account Not Being Recognised By UK Pension Service

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Varky

New HSBC Account Not Being Recognised By UK Pension Service

Post by Varky »

Following being kicked out of Cynergy has anyone had difficulties changing the payment by the UK Pension service into the new HSBC Account. There has been no problems transferring the monies from the old Cynergy Account (now closed) nor from my local authority pension. Following notification in writing of the new HSBC Account, UK Pension Service called me to inform me that the sort code of account into which I wanted our pensions paid was not recognised.

They told me I could call them back on the number visible on my mobile but when calling several times the call has been disconnected after a few seconds.

Similar problems trying to redirect dividend payments.

When checking the sort code on 'Sort Code Checker' it came up with all the details of the HBC branch. Any ideas?
Lincoln

Re: New HSBC Account Not Being Recognised By UK Pension Service

Post by Lincoln »

I would ask the bank to contact your pension provider. This sounds a bit dodgy.
All things are possible
Jb1960

Post by Jb1960 »

Hi Varky,

I am in exactly the same position as you with my account being closed by Cynergy Bank and opening an account at HSBC. Is the Sort Code 40-11-92 ? I had similar problems with Skipton International in that their online system did not recognise the sort code. Eventually they manually added it after finding it on another website to what they were using.Perhaps this is a newly set up sort code used for online HSBC applications. The address I have found associated with the Sort Code, 62 64 Park St London, appears to be a Head Office address. I am still waiting for my telephone code to set up online an mobile banking so I am not sure what branch information shows there. I have been able to up Direct Debits with Barclaycard and Nationwide with no problem. Perhaps sending them a print of your HSBC online details may help.

Jason
J B

Post by J B »

There's a long discussion on MSE here
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/di ... ccounts/p1
A lady called CY Diane makes comments (especially on page 6) which you may find of interest.
J B
Jb1960

Post by Jb1960 »

Hi Varky,

I am not old enough for a UK State pension yet so I do not have your problem for a few years yet. Interesting read about Cynergy Bank. I was called by them in towards the end of November to see if I had received their letter @bout closing accounts on the 29th December, I had not but was aware they were being sent. Knowing they were ex BOC UK, I asked the girl who rang if they would have any accounts left as presumably the vast majority of customers would have Cypriot addresses or strong Cypriot connections. She could not answer of course. It was like they were trying to get rid of you asap as mentioned in the link you sent. Surprised CurrencyFair would accept 3rd Party payments for personal accounts (they don’t normally, only for business accounts) I know this from past experience. Hope you manage to get this sorted.

Jason
Varky

Post by Varky »

jb1960,

The bank details are exactly the same as mine. I have tried through the contact page of the DWP to send details of this account and still awaiting a response within the promised 10 days :lol:
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Response from another forum where people are having the same problem:

''Re HSBC sort code: I have sent a letter to HSBC by Priority International Post asking them to register the new sort code with HMRC, explaining that the sort code shows up invalid on the site of the International Pension Centre of the DWP and consequently I and others can't have our pensions paid into our accounts. I also asked if they would kindly e-mail me when they've taken action so that I can follow-up with the pension people''.
Varky

Post by Varky »

galexinda wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:03 pm Response from another forum where people are having the same problem:

''Re HSBC sort code: I have sent a letter to HSBC by Priority International Post asking them to register the new sort code with HMRC, explaining that the sort code shows up invalid on the site of the International Pension Centre of the DWP and consequently I and others can't have our pensions paid into our accounts. I also asked if they would kindly e-mail me when they've taken action so that I can follow-up with the pension people''.
Well done, hopefully this will resolve the problem for many of us. Thanks for your efforts. Please keep us posted, if you can.
Polly

Post by Polly »

You could always have your pension paid into a Cyprus bank account.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Or move the country where the bank / credit card is from?
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Sorry to hear that HiC has a problem with no longer being able to use a financial service that was always for the use of UK residents.

As for the 'Brexit' connection. Now it is his turn to live with the decision of other people for a period and wait patiently for a future opportunity to reverse it.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The Tesco Bank has NOT always been just for the use of UK residents. People who had a T B account with a UK address were allowed to keep the account, and use the foreign address when they moved abroad ..
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:38 am Just a brief 'thank you' to those who thought Brexit was such a great idea. Yesterday we received a letter from Tesco Bank with whom we have has a Tesco credit card for the past 20 years to say:

"Following a recent review of your banking relationship we note that you are currently residing overseas. As Tesco Bank is only available to UK residents it is with regret that we are unable to continue to offer you banking services...we intend to close your account after July 11th".

As Tesco have known of our overseas address for the past 16 years this is a polite, non-attributable way of saying "Following Brexit we no longer want you". We have had a faultless credit record in our time with Tesco.

Tesco has always been our preferred card of choice for the points system it gave and we had a very generous limit, but alas it will be no more.

Brexit just keeps on giving, doesn't it? Still, my next passport will be blue...that helps compensate :roll:
And thank you to you for not doing your bit to help ensure it didn't happen.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
darrow

Post by darrow »

TSB have joined the ranks for closing UK accounts. Ours is closing on 13th July. Nationwide would not accept a transfer. They say we can use the account but cannot transfer from another UK bank. Rumours are now circulating that Nationwide and NS & I are going to be following suit. Saw that on another forum but have had nothing personally.to say so.
Varky

Post by Varky »

In the end I called the DWP and explained the problem and it was sorted and I am now receiving my state pension into my newly opened HSBC accpunt including any payments not paid previously.