Airport pick up

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sadie

Airport pick up

Post by Sadie »

Evening all
Genuine question, so genuine answers only please, please no opinions or judgements

A good friend of mine is due to fly into PFO on 21st Jan, under the current restrictions am I allowed to pick her up from airport?
After the 19th Jan people can quarantine in their own homes so she won’t be in a hotel for quarantine
Thank you
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Uncle D

Re: Airport pick up

Post by Uncle D »

Getting into a car with someone else isn't exactly quarantine unless you yourself go into quarantine also
Last edited by Uncle D on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/corona-form-faq2.

Yes you are allowed under section 8 of the text sms travel for pick up drop off at LCA or PFO airports within a reasonable amount of time is permitted You need copies of flight booking and tickets of passengers.
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Sadie, where did you see...

“ After the 19th Jan people can quarantine in their own homes so she won’t be in a hotel for quarantine ”

please?
TiA
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

johnandjen1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:03 pm Sadie, where did you see...

“ After the 19th Jan people can quarantine in their own homes so she won’t be in a hotel for quarantine ”

please?
TiA
Sorry, I didn’t see it. My friend works at the airport so has access to such stuff and information. It may change but at the moment that’s the current ruling
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

johnandjen1 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:03 pm Sadie, where did you see...

please?
TiA
I believe the information is in this official announcement (which is copied as it is written in the original)

In accordance with the Infectious Diseases Decree (No.2) of 2021, entry into the
Republic from Category C countries shall be allowed only for specific categories of
citizens who have the possibility to choose whether to undergo a diagnostic test for
COVID19 upon their arrival in Cyprus or have with them a negative RT-PCR test
certificate for COVID-19, undertaken within 72 hours prior to departure. It is noted
that such persons can either undergo a molecular examination for COVID-19 on the
10th day of their self-isolation, at their own expense, and have their self-isolation
terminated provided that the outcome of the molecular examination is negative,
or be released on the 14th day of self-isolation provided that they are not COVID-19
positive, according to the guidelines of the Ministry of Health.

It should be noted that the above categorization of countries shall take effect on 18
January 2021.

https://www.pio.gov.cy/coronavirus/uplo ... U1kPqrfULA
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

As I understand it doesn't sound clear whether self isolation and testing on the 10 th day are at their own expense. Ie in a hotel. It doesn't seem to say that they can go home.

Dee
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

self isolation means that they are in self isolation, at home and the test on the 10th day at their own expense means they will have to pay for the test or do another 4 days if they don’t.
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Thanks all but I think it prudent to await some clarity on this.
If indeed one can self isolate at home as opposed to in an hotel then I expect that to be made clear by 19th.
John
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I’m really don’t understand how much more clearer it can be ?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Except that in previous cases like this the Govt instructions have been clearer and said either hotel quarantine, or self isolation at home. Then there is no doubt.

Dee