Problem trying to get vaccine appointment

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Re: Problem trying to get vaccine appointment

Post by galexinda »

LouiseCastricum wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 pm Where at the General do you have to go, which entrance ?
I read earlier on FB today that you go to the main entrance and when inside take the right corridor past where you purchase stamps and make appointments and it is a room near the orthopaedic clinic. One person said it was where she had her flu jab.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Yes it is going to take a long time to vaccinate all the people in Cyprus . The government initially plan for vaccination to go on until mid 2022 .
Attachments
2C15CB51-A787-4745-9A9E-71270E4EDF88.png
2C15CB51-A787-4745-9A9E-71270E4EDF88.png (80.52 KiB) Viewed 2275 times
jeba

Post by jeba »

Mrblobby wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 am Yes it is going to take a long time to vaccinate all the people in Cyprus . The government initially plan for vaccination to go on until mid 2022 .
There is hope though that it won´t take that long. Next month Biontech will start production at a repurposed manufacturing plant in Marburg which is supposed to produce 250 million doses of vaccine by midyear.
The Biontech plant in Marburg is the great hope in the fight against the pandemic. While the company is offering its own employees a vaccination these days, production of the Corona vaccine is also to begin in Marburg in February. And on a grand scale: as the company confirmed to FFH, at least 250 million vaccine doses are to be produced at the site in the first half of 2021 alone.
translated using deepl.com from https://www.ffh.de/nachrichten/hessen/m ... bruar.html
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

The real problem is that there is simply a shortage in the supply of vaccines...
As I mentioned earlier the EU had failed to order enough vaccine, and it reportedly was slow to put the order in. Doh.
Whereas the UK was very quick off the mark when it came to ordering the best vaccines in large quantities.
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:43 am Quit whining, despite it's diminutive size, Cyprus is well within the EU Top 10 for early vaccine distribution. It's actually number 8.
What I find weird about that graph is that Belgium, which has had terrible figures in the cases and deaths department, doesn't appear to be doing any vaccinating.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am The French populace also also very critical of their government for being so tardy.

Sent you a PM.
All things are possible
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Happy in Cyprus
Yes, thats true about France, I read that in a report. There is so much one can read in the way of reports from various sources.

Dee.