Braun wet/dry electric razor

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Braun wet/dry electric razor

Post by MacManiac »

My trusty Braun 3080s has taken on a life of its own and now switches on at random, most often in the middle of the night. I suspect it will not be economic to repair it and so I thought I would buy a similar model to replace it. Herein lies the problem with deliveries to Cyprus apparently going to be much delayed.

If delivery takes too long, I shall end up looking like Father Christmas. Amazon want to charge over £20 for delivery and their window is between December 5 - 22. As far as I can see I cannot buy the same model here in Cyprus.
trevnhil

Re: Braun wet/dry electric razor

Post by trevnhil »

It would appear that you can buy them in Cyprus from 'Brands Cyprus.com' But the price is steep
"Braun Series 3 ProSkin 3080s Electric Shaver Wet and Dry Electric Razor for Men with Pop Up Precision Trimmer and Charging Stand Rechargeable and Cordless Shaver Black/Blue, 2 pin plug
€168,89 "
Trev..
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Ouch! Amazon price is £78.95. I need a new razor soon but not at that price. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
dodo

Post by dodo »

Hubby bought a Silver Crest cordless shaver from Lidl €20 few months back and seems happy with it, in case the offer comes around again
JimX

Post by JimX »

Dodo I did the same, a decent razor so cheap it makes you wonder why some makes are so expensive...in fact I bought another as a back up, so far (two years) it has been flawless.
Jim.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

The last time I used a manual razor was when I was in the army (1969 - 1974) and I hated every shave I had. Since then I’ve been electric but, as I have got older, my skin has become more sensitive. The electric wet and dry razor suited me down to the ground, with the shaving gel being ideal. When I bought the Braun five years ago, it was a godsend and hence my search for a replacement. Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just a little more on this .. Stephanis sell the Shaver BRAUN Series 3 Wet&Dry 3040 for 99 euros or 94 euros if you join their membership card scheme
Trev..