Illegalities regarding pedestrian path at Peyia Sea Caves (PHOTOS)

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Illegalities regarding pedestrian path at Peyia Sea Caves (PHOTOS)

Post by Paphos Life »

The Environmental Authority asked the Municipality of Peyia to immediately demolish part of the pedestrian path constructed right above the sea caves which are within the Natura 2000 protected area.

Read the article and chat about it below...
Lofos-Jan

Re: Illegalities regarding pedestrian path at Peyia Sea Caves (PHOTOS)

Post by Lofos-Jan »

I can’t believe Peyia Municipality did not know this was in the protected area. Is there no one there with knowledge of what should and should not be done?

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

What about the villas !!??
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Mouse, where are you living? Most people who live in Cyprus know that there is very little point in suing any Municipality here for any injury sustained by falling over on an uneven surface. It's up to the pedestrian to look where they are walking! This also applies should you fall on an uneven/ cracked concrete or paved surface in town... The Cyprus law courts are bogged down with all types of cases. Foreigners who don't speak fluent Greek also need to engage legal help, whole thing is very expensive and can take years...
Dee
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

mouse wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:40 pm I can understand the protecting the environment angle but also there is the safety angle ! If someone was injured due to a poor surface nowadays they would be wanting to sue for damages ! So I guess the area should be fenced off so people can't go there. Also under eu rules I suspect there is a requirement to give wheelchair access to places . With the complexity of eu regulations I think the argument has many facets.
You raise an interesting point with regards disabled access. Personally I think it has gone to far. It is even worse in the States. Websites have been sued because they have accessibility issues. This is especially true of virtual tours (admitedly that might be because that is an area I am interested in so notice it more). It has reached the point now where a small company which cannot afford the staff to ensure compliance just won't bother any more.

Imagine if you had to supply an audio version with every post you made. You wouldn't bother, would you?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.