Tala square

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
smudger

Re: Tala square

Post by smudger »

:roll: :roll: :roll:
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Bassman62 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:02 pm
smudger wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 pm Says who? Presumably you have some documented evidence for this statement?
Oh dear :roll: Tala "Square" you know (well maybe not you) 'Square' not hip.
Bassman- are you some kind of ex-bass playing guitarist in the bars in and around Paphos who has some sort of axe to grind from your past life there? If so, I'm not really sure we want to be exposed to your poison and venom here on PL, thank you!

You have enough history of previous bans from other Cyprus forums to have surely learned your lesson by now. Any more crap from you, and I'll pm admin to request a month ban for you, for upsetting fellow members...

That will give you a chance to settle down, lick your wounds, then come back in to PL with an enhanced and more positive mindset! AL :(
Gone but not forgotten...
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

It was just a joke , not very funny but I got it , We all have a different sence of humour , no need to get worked up about it .
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PaphosAL wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm
smudger wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:32 pm Says who? Presumably you have some documented evidence for this statement?
Bassman- are you some kind of ex-bass playing guitarist in the bars in and around Paphos who has some sort of axe to grind from your past life there? If so, I'm not really sure we want to be exposed to your poison and venom here on PL, thank you!

You have enough history of previous bans from other Cyprus forums to have surely learned your lesson by now. Any more crap from you, and I'll pm admin to request a month ban for you, for upsetting fellow members...

That will give you a chance to settle down, lick your wounds, then come back in to PL with an enhanced and more positive mindset! AL :(
You can PM me all you want, I will just tell you to stop posting after you've had a few too many.

Bassman was making a joke. This was the joke: Tala Square isn't hip, because it is too square.

Now, it wasn't up there with the best jokes in the world, but it certainly wasn't malicious.

Besides, it is hip to be square, apparently. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
memory man

Post by memory man »

That's what Huey Lewis And The News says...................... :lol:

Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

Good photos can't wait to see it "in the flesh " so to speak . Am I right in thinking that it's now car free ?
Maverick

Post by Maverick »

Dominic wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 8:29 pm
PaphosAL wrote: Mon May 01, 2017 8:16 pm

You can PM me all you want, I will just tell you to stop posting after you've had a few too many.

Bassman was making a joke. This was the joke: Tala Square isn't hip, because it is too square.

Now, it wasn't up there with the best jokes in the world, but it certainly wasn't malicious.

Spot on... :P
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Anyway, let's get back to Tala Square...
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Lofos-Jan wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:29 pm It is if they use the parking under the church and walk for about 30 meters!
Jeanne
But the regulars of Marios don't want to walk the 30 metres, or so I've been told.
:roll:
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That is what taxis are for.
J B

Post by J B »

Uncle D wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 7:45 am
But the regulars of Marios don't want to walk the 30 metres, or so I've been told.
Sorry, pedant mode on ..... it's probably 100m from the 'under church' car park to Marios! :lol:
J B
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We often went to Marios for a light lunch. However it is now full of the DRINKERS, who like to do a lot of heavy drinking and are loud at the same time. This has spoilt it for us. So we will give the place a miss from now on. Hopefully there will be a decent coffee shop opening in the square later?
All things are possible
Yogi

Post by Yogi »

The place that was the Voukani restaurant is opening soon and there is a new art gallery opening on the square. The new square is a great improvement and already attracting new businesses. Also concrete bollards being put down to replace the ugly bollards that were put in around the square.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

The Aquila wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 am ..also, Vermoulla who has the kiosk is also open for refeshments and has a nice seating area outside overlooking the square.
If you mean the kiosk at the top of the new stairs, in 25 years of living in Tala I've only ever been in that shop twice, and each time have come out empty handed and feeling in need of a shower.....

When the square was being redeveloped, I often wondered why so much was being spent on fancy access to the kiosk. A couple of weeks ago, someone said to me, "Oh, don't you know? The owner's related to......"

Ironically, the kiosk is probably the most interesting building, architecturally speaking, on the square. The new timbers will hide the best features!

I see Masa Soura's ghastly wooden coverings are expanding to near Voukhani.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

There's a worrying undercurrent that seems to be evolving in this Tala Square thread, given the other "11x over the drink/drive limit" thread here on PL...

Car parking available under the Church. Some say this is 30m away, others say 100m. Some say the bar regulars are too legless to walk this distance back to their parked car. While others suggest a Taxi both ways from Car Park to Tala Square and vice-versa.

Eh? Too legless to walk back to their car, but then perfectly fit enough to jump in and drive home? Or am I miscontrueing this, whereby the drunkard always has their TT OH with them for the drive home?

Cheers / Yia Mas! AL :?:
Gone but not forgotten...
Lofos-5

Post by Lofos-5 »

No undercurrent here - just a photo from the Easter celebration on the square :)
Attachments
tala square - 1.jpg
tala square - 1.jpg (229.76 KiB) Viewed 4998 times
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

When I mentioned taxis, I meant they should be used INSTEAD of a car. Not to get them to the car. :lol:

Personally I think anybody who drink drives is a selfish idiot.
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

Nothing much changed in tala square then
Apart from the buildings getting a make over
And the new water feature. Marios dad was
The long time muktor of tala so probably wouldn't take too kindly to the police pulling his customers over 🙄
It's not just marios though happens in most bars
In paphos
And it is predominantly a bar not a restaurant so I would expect it to have drinkers on there
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Lincoln wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:20 pm We often went to Marios for a light lunch. However it is now full of the DRINKERS, who like to do a lot of heavy drinking and are loud at the same time. This has spoilt it for us. So we will give the place a miss from now on. Hopefully there will be a decent coffee shop opening in the square later?
I have visited Marios off and on for 10 years or so now, it has always had DRINKERS as its main custom.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Annamaria wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:36 pm Nothing much changed in tala square then
Apart from the buildings getting a make over
And the new water feature.
????

Bit like "What did the Romans ever do for us"