Flights into Paphos today

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
El tel

Flights into Paphos today

Post by El tel »

I notice there are 18 flights from the U.K. into Paphos today , where are all these people managing to get a virus test ? I certainly struggled to find somewhere a few weeks ago and in the end did not come out. The testing situation is now even worse so where are these individuals finding tests.

Terry
mike strand2

Re: Flights into Paphos today

Post by mike strand2 »

There may be 18 flights, BUT how many passengers? My friend flew 2 weeks ago from S Korea to Montreal. A 310 seat plane but only 36 passengers!
brengreen

Post by brengreen »

What I can't understand in all this is. Why if Newcastle has new restrictions re visiting other households can somebody fly from there to Paphos.
I think Mike Strand is right the flights arent full. The Jet2 flight from EMA next Weds morning will have one less passenger as moved my flight to next Sept. Already had three trips cancelled since March and couldn't cope with the stress of tests for this one. Looking forward to April next year. If I need to test then hopefully it will be easier.🤞🤞
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the same thought came to me, BrenGreen. It does seem strange to allow people in lockdown areas to jet off to another country. Hopefully if he has a negative test result, it will remain negative when he is tested again.

Dee
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

72 hours is in place for a reason I wouldn’t worry too much with figures on the rise in the U.K. whether it’s more testing or not I see Cyprus placing them back into Category C
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

If you get tested at the airport on your return to Cyprus they do not text you. When you pay for the test you are given what looks like a receipt. This has a reference number and the web address where the results are posted. You put your ref number, passport number and Cyprus flight pass number onto the website and your results come up, usually within 24hrs of arrival.

I went back to UK a couple of weeks ago and there were 14 passengers on the plane, on my return flight I would guess it was about half full
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

It's no wonder that a friend of mine who arrived from UK recently, was tested at the airport, told me that he hadn't rec'd a text. Does anyone tell arriving passengers that they need to go on line to get their test results?
I would guess that a number of arrivals won't bother to do this...

Dee
Sheer Khan

Post by Sheer Khan »

None of our kids visiting this year, their joint decision not ours, don’t want to chance bringing us something we didn’t ask for, going to look at the situation next April, not sure if it will be any different then.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

On FB yesterday there was a discussion regarding one plane that arrived and all passengers were randomly tested as to whether they should self-isolate or not until they get the results. It appears that most passengers assumed that everyone on the flight would have had a negative Covid result prior to departure until it was pointed out that Cypriots and residents with MEU1/MEU3 did not have to have the test until they arrive in Paphos/Larnaca. No one was told to self-isolate until they got the results.

I am treating everyone I meet as being Covid-19 positive, especially as so many are asymptomatic.
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

We were due to go to Edinburgh by EasyJet on 2nd Sept and back on the 9th. EasyJet cancelled the flight to Edinburgh and I immediately asked for a refund, which was acknowledged. The flights were on a single Booking Number. Shorty before our return flight date, since they hadn’t taken us how could they bring us back, we got an email saying how much they were looking forward to flying us, two days later another one the same then one about various conditions and regulations.
The day after the flight we got an email asking us to rate our flight and the next day one to say we were not on the flight and could perhaps claim on our Insurance. The next day we got official acknowledgement that our claim was agreed, for the total amount, and it was paid quickly,
Two things, since both flights were on the same Number why when they cancelled the outward flight did they not take that number off their return flight list opening up two seats and what would have happened had we booked the Edinburgh flight with say Jet2 and the return flight with EasyJet. EasyJet ran the flight but we were not there to take it.
Anyway, instances such as this may contribute to empty seats on flights.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 »

I was initially expecting a text but after nothing heard by the second day of isolation I started to look for a phone number to ring. Thankfully the ‘receipt’ I was given at the payments desk was at the bottom of my handbag (could have so easily thrown it away) and that’s when I realized I could check on line. That was the one criticism of the procedure, no-one mentioned this to me. My test was negative but I never did receive a text.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Galexinda has brought up something that's been worrying a lot of people. It was assumed that everyone on a flight would have been tested negative before departure. However, Cypriots and residents holding MEU1/3 do not have to be tested until they arrive in Cyprus. So, you have tested and untested passengers on the same flight from the UK for 4 hours. Am I missing something?
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

I had a private virus test yesterday and have just got the result (almost exactly 24 hours after the test)

Fortunately it’s negative
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

kansas wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:26 pm Galexinda has brought up something that's been worrying a lot of people. It was assumed that everyone on a flight would have been tested negative before departure. However, Cypriots and residents holding MEU1/3 do not have to be tested until they arrive in Cyprus. So, you have tested and untested passengers on the same flight from the UK for 4 hours. Am I missing something?
No you’re not missing anything, that’s currently what is happening...crazy I know, somehow the virus knows what people are residing in Cyprus so do not infect them 🥴
The other concern is that although non residents have to test negative for the virus in order to travel, the result of a negative test is only as good as the day it was taken, in other words a false negative
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Yes, certainly agree about the test results only being valid at the time it was taken, but many people seem to assume they are negative thereafter, something that has been debunked by a few people having a test that proved positive a few days later! Also applies to many other types of test, but at least it is a start. The main problem is that so many positive cases are also asymptomatic and then there are the symptoms that may be similar to colds or flu - no wonder people are confused which is why I have a blanket approach to everybody and everything.
J B

Post by J B »

Beechwood wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:16 pm I had a private virus test yesterday and have just got the result (almost exactly 24 hours after the test)
Can you tell us where you had the test please?
J B