Masks mandatory from tonight.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Masks mandatory from tonight.

Post by trevnhil »

I am certain not complaining about having to wear a mask, and of course will wear one when next out shopping or going to the hospital...
I went to a timber yard today, and the joiner / cutter was wearing his mask..
A couple of days ago I got a takeaway and I never saw a mask... maybe those in the kitchen had them on??
But hopefully this 'lets take a step back and start again' will be taken up by all..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

mike strand2 wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:59 pm I would say to Trev and anyone else who visits a shop (however small) to put on a mask. Both you and the shopkeeper are vulnerable. The shopkeeper particularly, who deals with many different people during each day, may well already have the virus; incubating. Possibly caught from somewhere else or a shopper yesterday.
Those who complain about wearing a mask will feel a great relief when they find their shop is closed and the owner is in hospital.
All shop staff have to wear masks now
jeba

Post by jeba »

Lincoln wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:41 pm You must wear it in ANY indoor place where the public go.
I called my gym and they didn´t even know whether you´d have to. It´s a bit unpractical when doing a workout /showering/swimming.
kansas

Post by kansas »

New rules for masks seems to coincide the the number of flights arriving today and the fact that the Cypriot holiday is about to start. Lots more people around. Really hope we don't get a second wave......
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Road Warrior wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:51 pm Been wearing them for weeks in Scotland, just normal now.
Me too - well, not in Scotland - but outside my Cyprus house and car, on goes the mask and gloves before I enter anywhere there are people whether they are wearing a mask or not. I always take hand sanitiser with me too. Can’t be too careful! Sensible. :D
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

kansas wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:02 am New rules for masks seems to coincide the the number of flights arriving today and the fact that the Cypriot holiday is about to start. Lots more people around. Really hope we don't get a second wave......
I agree and that’s why I have just decided to self isolate and will watch and see what happens.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I wonder what the anti maskers are going to do now, will they have the courage of their convictions, will they pay the €300 fine?
Watch this space. ;-)

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

jeba wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:41 am
Lincoln wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:41 pm You must wear it in ANY indoor place where the public go.
I called my gym and they didn´t even know whether you´d have to. It´s a bit unpractical when doing a workout /showering/swimming.
You got to be on a wind up surely :lol:
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have been out shopping this morning, he main stop being Eden Fruit Market on Polis road.. As far as i could tell it was 100% people wearing masks..
Same in a pharmacy with just three of us in, but a little Lax at a petrol station, which is mainly outside except for paying over the counter..
Trev..
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We visited Super Home, One stop DIY and Home market this morning. Most people were NOT wearing a mask. It would be a field day for the police.
All things are possible
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I would actually like to see them visiting some stores and handing out fines..
Trev..
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

As this requirement to wear a mask was only issued the day before, many people may well not be aware or simply don't have one!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I have to say that as holiday makers will have to wear masks too, there will be some interesting suntans around. :lol:

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Went to a bakery today all staff and customers wearing masks, also all the guys in the petrol station had masks on although they were out side.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

Ive just been to get the car washed and the two guys there were both wearing masks.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Everyone wearing them in Paps in Geriskipou today, including young children and all the staff.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

Busy morning today been in the Pharmacy, Paphos Home Market, Sports Direct, Alpha Mega and Lidl. Only saw 3 customers without masks so pretty much 99% compliance that I saw. The 3 exceptions were one in AM and 2 in Lidl though they were being challenged by the guy on the door and I never saw the outcome.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Jim B wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:39 am I wonder what the anti maskers are going to do now, will they have the courage of their convictions, will they pay the €300 fine?
Watch this space. ;-)

Jim
I guess I am what you call an anti-masker, although not rabid on the subject. As I am required to wear one now, I shall do so – even though I do not believe that they really serve much useful purpose. This is not hypocrisy, it is sound practical common sense to save EUR300!
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Give it time, Lloyd, give it time.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
boycott

Post by boycott »

Plenty of people on the beaches in Limassol wearing masks!
Little else worn, but masks are on.
Last edited by boycott on Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.