Fake Pilot Licences

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
harveywinning

Fake Pilot Licences

Post by harveywinning »

Just been reading that in Pakistan, according to the Aviation Minister, 40% of their pilots have fake flying licences. In total there are 860 pilots registered but it transpires many did not even have proper flying experience and that 262 pilots even got someone else to sit their exams. Apparently the Pakistan Government have been investigating matters following the recent PIA aircraft crash in Karachi. Its most unlikely I will ever visit Pakistan but its frightening.

How many other countries are like this? I would certainly hope that Cypriot pilots are 100% fully qualified and as are the other pilots that fly in and out of Cyprus.....but who checks them?
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Fake Pilot Licences

Post by Dominic »

I guess that is a problem with having ultra-realistic PC flight simulators. People get good on that and think they have got it sussed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Dominic wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 pm I guess that is a problem with having ultra-realistic PC flight simulators. People get good on that and think they have got it sussed.
Damn and blast, the class of 2020 including myself have now been rumbled !!!

I used the lockdown to fully hone my skills and only crashed twice

Suppose I can now take the peg off my nose when speaking to her indoors who acts as ATC
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Weird foreplay, but each to their own.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I remembeŕ many years ago when working in Bombay, I was reading the Times of India one night and an advert caught my eye which basically said "Study for a Medical Degree and be able to practice in the UK within twelve months"
Buying licences goes on everywhere, you can rest assured that most Russians and ex Soviet States drivers in Cyprus got their driving licences that way.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

A horrifying thought, If this goes on in a few 3rd world countries, I hope that it doesn't extend to Commercial pilots licenses or to ATPL's (Airline Transport Pilots Licenses)!

Usually, reputable airlines have their own Check and Training Captains who are responsible for ensuring that every pilot in their airline Is up to the required standard regarding competence and Safety Procedures. In the UK this is also supervised by the CAA. thePilots also have regular aircrew medicals to ensure their fitness to fly.
Dee
Dee
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Its not just the pilots but the planes they fly, the servicing is all done on the cheap using generic parts made in places like China that wont stand the stress testing that say genuine Rolls Royce parts can take. This is one of the reasons why there are a disproportionate amount of plane crashes in the developing world.
The EU will not allow certain airlines to enter its air space unless they have a EU approved licences, these are the strictest in the world. This is one of the reasons why airlines like Easyjet have moved offices from Britain to the EU, all aircraft servicing is done in the EU is one of the requirements of these licences.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I find this all very depressing. I don't know why the members of his party even chose him in the first place. His previous record in politics when he was briefly foreign secretary and made a hash of that should have been a warning. The mistakes this Govt has made regarding handling the Corona crisis are not over. I agree with what others have said regarding the risk that allowing Brits to travel abroad without quarantine procedures imposes on other countries.
I have just rebooked my flight back on 3rd August, but will the situation be any better then?
Time will tell.
Dee