Sausages

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Re: Sausages

Post by trevnhil »

I was once making up an order and there were frozen chicken livers on the list... The ones we had we out of date.. I told the boss, and I was told to take off the date label and put a newer one on.. Unfortunately when i took the label off there was an even older date underneath .. I still had to 'redate' the package :-(
Trev..
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Some more information how Nuremberg sausages are produced today and in the past, far back to the 14th century....

http://en.nuernberger-bratwuerste.de/ex ... ufacturing

Max
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Thanks guys I will begin my research..Nic from the Olde English sausage Co has closed down..hence the question. I never thought of M & S because they are frozen , but will give them a try. I will report back.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:28 pm
Dominic wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:21 pm I was born in Lincoln, and get insulted by what gets passed off as a Lincolnshire sausage over here.

#LincolnshireSausagesMatter
My goodness, you get insulted very easily don't you? :lol: :lol:
Indeed I do. It is a good job I didn't precede my statement with something silly like "I am not easily insulted but...". If I had done that I would doubtless look very silly indeed.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

How good do these Bad boys look.... if you close your eyes, you can smell the onions frying, one meter long, it will be coming out of your behind before you finish putting it in your mouth :lol:

Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm Some more information how Nuremberg sausages are produced today and in the past, far back to the 14th century....

Max
Max
I have been to Lidl several times since this post and can never find any. do they run out of them quickly when they are In stock?
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Uncle D wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:50 am
cyprusmax47 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:26 pm Some more information how Nuremberg sausages are produced today and in the past, far back to the 14th century....

Max
Max
I have been to Lidl several times since this post and can never find any. do they run out of them quickly when they are In stock?
Since Lidl TOTK opened many years ago, I buy them every week and they are always on the long shelves left hand side when you enter the shop there...

Max
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We are still very happy with the LINCOLN sausages from Paps. Proper sausages, and they taste delicious, no fat, gristle or bits that should not be there. As a young lad my mother always made our own sausages. Minced up the pork and mixed it with bread added a few herbs - delicious
All things are possible