Viper

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Viper

Post by lotus »

Hi all,have been working in my old stone shed last few days,have noticed a few noises but thought being next to a field probably mice,in there just now looked up and there's a bloody great viper slithering among the stones!,exit shed very quickly! It has disappeared among the stonework but obviously still there,anybody have any ideas ?
lotus

Re: Viper

Post by lotus »

Thank you will give him a call
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Are you sure of the species?
lotus

Post by lotus »

Yes def a viper! Have checked on Internet,think it might have been around for a couple of weeks which probably explained the noises,lovely!! I contacted the guy mentioned above and I have to wait till I see it again and he will come up,meanwhile there are things I want out the shed!
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

I did the same , picked up a bucket in the shed and the little thing was wrapped around the bottom of it.
Scared the life out of me.

Jim
lotus

Post by lotus »

This viper must have been three foot long!
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, they can be between 3-4 ft long. The body is quite thick and is marked, it tapers to a thinner tail. The broad head has a distinctive blunt nose. Unlike most other snakes the viper doesn’t always move away if disturbed, it often coils it body and may raise its head and emit a loud hiss. Thats a warning as it will strike if anyone gets too close.

Blunt nose vipers can be particularly dangerous in May which is the mating and breeding season, young vipers are also as dangerous as they have a concentrated venom.
Dee