Airlines

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
lotus

Airlines

Post by lotus »

How come Easy Jet and Jet 2 are showing flights to UK in June?, you can actually book and pay for a flight but the chances of the flight going is very remote,I should have gone back to UK weeks ago with Easy Jet who cancelled at last minute,still waiting for refund!!
Varky

Re: Airlines

Post by Varky »

lotus,
I would guess that if they cancelled those flights now they would have now to refund bookings either by cash, voucher, etc. so in order to postpone that operation they don't cancel flights until the last minute. Sort of deferring a cash flow negativity as far as they can. Who knows, maybe until after they have gone bust?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I have a voucher from EasyJet for my cancelled flight which they cancelled.
I sympathise with airlines in this unparalleled situation which is no ones fault. Obviously planes on the ground are a very expensive asset which are earning nothing. They want to start flying again as soon as possible.

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

The problem with a voucher it is worth nothing if the company goes bust :-(
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, but if everyone grabs their money, that doesn't help a company’s liquidity either.

Dee
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

They are cancelling flights on a 7 day rolling mechanism. I was due to fly on May 14 but am waiting for them to cancel it.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Ryanair doesn't have the best reputation when things go wrong. But in this case both airlines have large fleets of expensive aircraft which are grounded through no fault of their own. It isn’t really in our interests for either or both to go bust in these extreme circumstances. After all they provide most of the flights between Paphos and the UK, and in Ryanair’s case other flights around Europe and Greece.
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Ryan air or should be called Del boys airlines, going bust, it couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, hated through out the industry, no more then his own pilots and staff.
The Aquila

Post by The Aquila »

I too despise this airline with a passion but, unfortunately, they fly into a convenient airport to us we we are kind of compelled to use them.

Didn’t the share holders offer O’Leary a massive bonus if he doubled the turn over thus increasing the share prices? This was the same O’Leary that managed to half the share price in the first place because of his attitude towards his customer sand staff!!
Last edited by The Aquila on Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galexinda

WIZZ AIR TO RESUME FLIGHTS FROM 01 MAY

Post by galexinda »

Wizz Air to resume flights from 1st May:
.... ''one of Europe’s leading budget airlines, Wizz Air, is to re-start flights from its UK hub at Luton to 15 destinations — despite the continuing coronavirus pandemic. Passengers can book to several European capitals: Lisbon in Portugal, Budapest in Hungary, Bratislava in Slovakia and Belgrade in Serbia. There are also links to Tel Aviv in Israel, Kosice in Slovakia and eight cities in Romania — but not the capital, Bucharest. The 15th route is to the key Spanish resort island of Tenerife''.

Wizz Air said it would be taking measures to support physical distancing during boarding and enhanced cleanliness on board.
“As part of the measures to protect the health of customers and crew, customers should check-in and make any purchases online, such as paying for additional bags, to reduce non-essential interaction at the airport,” the airline said.
”Throughout the flight, cabin crew will be required to wear masks and gloves and will distribute sanitising wipes to each passenger''.
https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/ne ... 83831.html
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Interesting but they won’t becoming here in May!
Dee
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Interesting but they won’t becoming here in May!
Dee
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I read somewhere on CM that the earliest expected reopening of CY airports was end of July. Goverment though is yet to announce the measures to come out of lockdown.

The article https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/04/24/coro ... -measures/
ast

Post by ast »

Well the deputy tourism minister says that we should not regard this year lost and things will be off again from July, admittedly he has been slayed for these remarks but there must be some hope there somewhere. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:23 pm Well the deputy tourism minister says that we should not regard this year lost and things will be off again from July, admittedly he has been slayed for these remarks but there must be some hope there somewhere. 8-)
Someone once said, Hope is the last thing that dies in man,