Post to England

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mandyr

Post to England

Post by Mandyr »

This has probably been mentioned before but is the mail still being sent to England? I know English mail isn’t being delivered here but not sure about outgoing mail.
galexinda

Re: Post to England

Post by galexinda »

As Paphos Airport has now been closed and only cargo and repatriation flights accepted at Larnaca Airport, I anticipate a backlog in post between Cyprus and all other countries.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, that’s probably inevitable at present. But in fact the PO has re opened and before the current Easter weekend, it was possible to buy stamps and to send and receive mail.But only from some European countries which included the UK, Greece and Germany ( from memory).
Presumably the mail must be carried by cargo flight. Possibly by Aegean.

Dee
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Doesn't all cargo to CY go through Larnaca? I don't recall seeing any cargo planes at Paphos, and whenever I've received something by DHL/FedEx, UPS it's arrived via Larnaca.

If that's the case, there may not be any change.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, all cargo does ,Larnaca is the main and larger airport. Paphos airport is used mainly by charter flights and is closed at present. And yes, the mail does come in at Larnaca where theres a room for it.

Dee
Last edited by Kili01 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

I had post from the UK early last week. I believe the restriction on the Cy PO accepting mail was relaxed on the 5 April - but I cannot find the link.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

HIC, when I asked a couple of years ago, I was told that Cyprus Airways used to carry the mail, and certainly at the time that I enquired the mail contract was with Aegean who is based in Athens.Hence sometimes Cyprus mail can be waiting in Athens for a flight to Cyprus.

Dee
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I'm still waiting for an item we posted 2 weeks ago from UK to Cyprus to update in the tracking link. It's left Langley at Heathrow but then, nothing coming up after that on Royal Mail or EMS.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I posted letter to Birmingham a week ago & it arrived yesterday. Very quick!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Also read a few reports on FB groups that post has been arriving in the UK within a very reasonable time of being posted in Cyprus.

As with many other people we await the arrival of the P60 (End of Year Certificate) from the UK which is issued this month - fortunately in Cyprus we do not need it until 2021 to complete the 2020 Cyprus annual tax return.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I have just received one of my P60s today , the first mail in my box in a long time .
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We got some P 60's last week as well. oh and of course the Electric bill :-)
Trev..
wilky

Post by wilky »

Received notification of yearly pension increase today which had a posted in UK date 14 March