Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Post Reply
User avatar
cyprusmax47
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 am
Location: Paphos area since 1982

Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by cyprusmax47 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:11 am

Recently I am doing some Yoga/QiGong at home to keep me more fit and found that video which was really mood-lifting for me. If you are able to dance like that, than you are more than fit. It is amazing that this girl can do that now after hip replacement surgery some years ago... and not to forget I loved the scenery...



Max

User avatar
Dominic
Site Admin
Posts: 9800
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Polemi
Contact:

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Dominic » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 am

My internet is really chugging this morning but I shall have a look later. Glad to hear you are keeping fit. I am about to start my exercises. Week #2, so still bloody painful.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.

User avatar
cyprusmax47
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 am
Location: Paphos area since 1982

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by cyprusmax47 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:43 am

Dominic wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:23 am
My internet is really chugging this morning but I shall have a look later. Glad to hear you are keeping fit. I am about to start my exercises. Week #2, so still bloody painful.
I am sure you will like the video, knowing that you was travelling to this part of the world when you was younger... amazing the scenery at the end of the video where she is dancing on the large rock....

By the way: after 2 weeks of certain workouts I am able to hold my balance, standing on one leg and swinging the other leg diagonal... :roll: try it!

Max

User avatar
Devil
Posts: 1621
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:34 am
Location: Mosfiloti

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Devil » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:38 am

Ouch! Watching this after recently breaking my spine (thoracic 10 and 11) sends even more waves of pain up my back. :) :) :)

Chaddy
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Chaddy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.

User avatar
Happy in Cyprus
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am
Location: Ha Potami, Kouklia
Contact:

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am

Chaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.

I can never resist a challenge. Didn't think I would be able to do it, as my lower back and knees are not my best bits. But I did. Took about 8 secs the first time and 5 secs the second time. Wife looked askance when she came downstairs and found me lying on my back on the rug. She is not troubled with back or knee probs and goes for several km walks each day. But alas she could not do it. Yay! :lol:

Chaddy
Posts: 333
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:39 am

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Chaddy » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:04 pm

Happy in Cyprus wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am
Chaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.

I can never resist a challenge. Didn't think I would be able to do it, as my lower back and knees are not my best bits. But I did. Took about 8 secs the first time and 5 secs the second time. Wife looked askance when she came downstairs and found me lying on my back on the rug. She is not troubled with back or knee probs and goes for several km walks each day. But alas she could not do it. Yay! :lol:
Well done HIP..I,m not going to ask your age :o

Les Bean
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Les Bean » Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:05 pm

FB_IMG_1585124226440.jpg
FB_IMG_1585124226440.jpg (164.19 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

Les Bean
Posts: 427
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:43 pm

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Les Bean » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:53 pm

78,about 5 seconds

User avatar
Lincoln
Posts: 2095
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:56 am
Location: Chloraka

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Lincoln » Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Hmm, tried it. BUT, due to a bad back and very dodgy hip unable to get up with use of arms. Well I had to have a go din ah.
All things are possible

WHL
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by WHL » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:48 am

Chaddy wrote:
Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am
Over 70 and think your fit? Try this..Lie on your back and get up on your feet without using any part of your arms.Come on,be honest if you try it,let us know how you went on.
After twenty four hours of trying this, I think its time to give up and use my arms, :lol:

User avatar
Happy in Cyprus
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am
Location: Ha Potami, Kouklia
Contact:

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:13 am

No need to resort to arms. From recent boasts I thought you had another member which might provide the leverage you need? :shock:

WHL
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by WHL » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Happy in Cyprus wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:13 am
No need to resort to arms. From recent boasts I thought you had another member which might provide the leverage you need? :shock:
No way HIC , I save that for special occasions and when I'm pole vaulting, :lol:

User avatar
Happy in Cyprus
Posts: 4933
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:08 am
Location: Ha Potami, Kouklia
Contact:

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:37 pm

Love it :lol: :lol:

User avatar
cyprusmax47
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 am
Location: Paphos area since 1982

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by cyprusmax47 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am

Back to the above video. I think it was quite professionally done as it was her first video using a drone which is not that easy to use in the beginning...
Also dancing in the sand is not easy either... I still can watch it several times a day, sound full blast and singing along (as nobody can hear me.. :lol: which changes my mood immediately.

Max

User avatar
aphrodite
Posts: 615
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:35 am
Location: Kamares, Tala originally from London

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by aphrodite » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:19 pm

Danke Max für das posten dieses schönen videa

I love it and, like you Max, have played it a few times, there is much to see in the video and I see different things each time I play it. I will look for more of her work, she moves well 🙂 X
Image

User avatar
cyprusmax47
Posts: 3570
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:10 am
Location: Paphos area since 1982

Re: Mood-lifting... not from the pharmacy

Post by cyprusmax47 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:44 pm

aphrodite wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:19 pm
Danke Max für das posten dieses schönen videa

I love it and, like you Max, have played it a few times, there is much to see in the video and I see different things each time I play it. I will look for more of her work, she moves well 🙂 X
Glad I am not alone with that. She is not even 30 years old but had already so much experience in her life, good and bad. She started 5 years old a career as ice dancer and as a teen she won several German and International prices. Later-on she was trainer for ice dance until they discovered a severe hip problem (hip dysplasia) and after several operations she was 6 month in a wheel-chair. Instead to give up she started lessons in dancing at the best Academy of Germany and went to competitions. After that she started to share her knowledge on YouTube....
Here her video collection..
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCY9jS ... v0A/videos

Max

Post Reply