Replacement hot water tank

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
johnandjen1

Replacement hot water tank

Post by johnandjen1 »

Hi all,

I am looking to replace my hot water tank which is 15years old.
Having looked around there seems to be variations of volume and colour but I can’t find any definitive description of the different types of tank and their qualities e.g. insulation thickness etc.
I am assuming of course that they are not all manufactured equal.

So, I would appreciate any knowledge/advice from members who have explored the subject with more success than myself.

TIA,
John
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Replacement hot water tank

Post by cyprusmax47 »

johnandjen1 wrote: Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:08 am Hi all,

I am looking to replace my hot water tank which is 15years old.
Having looked around there seems to be variations of volume and colour but I can’t find any definitive description of the different types of tank and their qualities e.g. insulation thickness etc.
I am assuming of course that they are not all manufactured equal.

So, I would appreciate any knowledge/advice from members who have explored the subject with more success than myself.

TIA,
John
Recently I posted about that subject :
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10979

and if you open the second link on my post you will find explanations from Wagner Solar Germany concerning the advantages of their hot water tank..
https://docs.google.com/viewerng/viewer ... cuterm.pdf

Max
J B

Post by J B »

We had ours replaced by Lux from Emba
Cost was €600 IIRC for 'everything' supplied and fitted.
J B
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Thanks for the replies.
Max - yes great idea and if I was starting from scratch then I’d go that route but I’m not looking to replace the whole system.

JB - I’ll get in touch with LUX.

So apart from the Wagner system are all other tanks the same in terms of insulation?

Thanks, John
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

johnandjen1 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:04 am So apart from the Wagner system are all other tanks the same in terms of insulation?
Definitely NOT. We had a well-insulated tank without CH coil replaced by one with a coil but inadequate insulation by the CH guys. BIG difference. Cheap tanks work out expensive in lost calories.
daveg

Post by daveg »

Am thinking of replacing our hot water tank as well ,but it is a pressurized system ,6 bar, with an internal coil linked to the solar panels.
The tank at the moment is far too big for our needs , 450ltrs, and therefore expensive to run...
Any ideas.....ta
bmwx5

Post by bmwx5 »

On a similar subject looking for someone or company who can flush out the solar panels or if required replace them as my hot water system is slowly losing its temperature I am based in Konia area
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

bmwx5 wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:07 pm On a similar subject looking for someone or company who can flush out the solar panels or if required replace them as my hot water system is slowly losing its temperature I am based in Konia area
I used Q Water to replace our panels.

Jim
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Q Water are a good company to deal with, helpful, efficient and give good advice. Worth trying them. Their showroom/ office is situated on the Polis Rd.

Dee