Tourism'?s 2020 focus on new markets, Perdios says

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Tourism'?s 2020 focus on new markets, Perdios says

Post by Paphos Life »

Cyprus' tourism strategy going into 2020 will be to seek out new markets now that the island's two main markets, the UK and Russia appear to have stabilised and are predicted to remain so in the coming two to three years, deputy minister Savvas Perdios said on Friday....

Read the article and chat about it below...
Kili01

Re: Tourism'?s 2020 focus on new markets, Perdios says

Post by Kili01 »

The new Ministry approach to tourism sounds much better than the way tourism was previosly handled by the old Cyprus tourism set up, the CTA. But I wonder if anyone in the Interior Ministry is thinking about expanding the size of Paphos Airport?
On each occasion I have used the airport this year it has been packed. The only sign of expansion I have noticed was just before Christmas when I think that the line of ‘cattle pens’ seemed to longer than before!
Also on the 11 th Dec some bright spark had decided to hold a large celebration lunch for those connected with tourism( I think!) taking up half of the available space in the cafe area of departures! Thus made the area very crowded and even difficult to see the departures board, I hope that the overcrowding caused made someone realise that this airport needs more space!
Dee
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Do you really think that Cyprus won't have its Paphos/Ayia Napa cheap yobbo tourism in less that 10 years?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Who (except you) mentioned anything about yobbos?
What I meant was that Cyprus’s wish to attract more tourists from hitherto not targeted countries may result in even more charter flights coming to Paphos. Paphos is a much smaller airport than Larnaca and its very busy now, winter and especially in summer....

Dee
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:02 pm Who (except you) mentioned anything about yobbos?
What I meant was that Cyprus’s wish to attract more tourists from hitherto not targeted countries may result in even more charter flights coming to Paphos. Paphos is a much smaller airport than Larnaca and its very busy now, winter and especially in summer....

Dee
Yes Paphos Airport can be very busy but on specific days only. We don't want to travel on Wednesday evenings and on Saturday evenings. On other days and with normal daytime flights the airport is not busy at all.
Louise :)