Encouraging news over Brexit.

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: Encouraging news over Brexit.

Post by Jimgward » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:55 pm

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Empathy or sympathy don't appear to be in your repertoire, do they Alan?
What's happening to those people is affecting thousands and if healthcare collapses it will affect tens of thousands but heh ho, you're ok

Jim

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:00 pm
Oh well, lets cancel Brexit then because someone posted something on Twitter. Jesus wept!
Ye'd gie a glass eye, the weep.... so ye wid....

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:50 pm

Jim B wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm
Empathy or sympathy don't appear to be in your repertoire, do they Alan?
What's happening to those people is affecting thousands and if healthcare collapses it will affect tens of thousands but heh ho, you're ok

Jim
You have no idea about me or what I think or feel, so let's cut the bullshit eh. You like to dish out the criticism but cannot bear it when someone bites back.

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 pm

Jimgward wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm
Jimgym wrote:
Oh would I, and reading the constant stream of drivel and general whingeing crap you post, who could blame me eh. Stop giving it out if you cant take the flak back.

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 am

Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Rattled cage methinks ... and an apology is due ... when you sober up!

Hahahhahhha.....

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am

Jimgward wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 am
Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Hahahhahhha.....
Firstly, I was completely sober, don't judge others by your own standards and behaviour. Secondly, rattled, by you? Oh please, don't flatter yourself! As to apologies, if that were the case most of you comments would consist of apologising.

Les Bean

Post by Les Bean » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:29 am

Jimgym wrote:
Criticism??

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am

Jimgym wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am
Jimgward wrote:
Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Hahahhahhha.....
Firstly, I was completely sober, don't judge others by your own standards and behaviour. Secondly, rattled, by you? Oh please, don't flatter yourself! As to apologies, if that were the case most of you comments would consist of apologising.
You seem you are devoid of humour ... unable to debate properly and just a miserable old man - my ‘drivel’ happens to be truth that you’re right-wing ideology won’t accept as it’s criticism of mistakes that you refuse to see ...

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am

Jimgward wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:59 am
Jimgym wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 am
Jimgward wrote:
Ooooohhhh Matron.....

Hahahhahhha.....
You seem you are devoid of humour ... unable to debate properly and just a miserable old man - my ‘drivel’ happens to be truth that you’re right-wing ideology won’t accept as it’s criticism of mistakes that you refuse to see ...
Haha, oh please, you call members of the Government "twats" is that your idea of debating? Now that is truly laughable.

I don't have any ideology, apart from rebutting the constant stream of drivel from left wingers.

By the way, I'm not old and as those who know me will tell you, far from miserable. Facts really aren't your strong point are they? :mrgreen:

Firefly

Post by Firefly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 pm

I find it sad that people hide behind anonymity on forums, posting nasty comments to fellow posters, things that they would never dare say to their faces.

Surely we can all make a point, without being rude to one another.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Devil

Post by Devil » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:57 pm

Firefly wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:01 pm
I find it sad that people hide behind anonymity on forums, posting nasty comments to fellow posters, things that they would never dare say to their faces.

Jackie
Sorry! Some people say things that inspire rudeness, no names, no pack drill.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am
o
Haha, oh please, you call members of the Government "twats" is that your idea of debating? Now that is truly laughable.

I don't have any ideology, apart from rebutting the constant stream of drivel from left wingers
Alan

The word you quoted, I know, from where we both come from is looked on as one of the rudest, derogatory words imaginable but what I have realised is that in other areas of the UK it's just another descriptive adjective that I've seen used many, many times on many different forums and even heard it on TV.

Your second paragraph is a contradiction in terms dont you think?
If you believe were a bunch of Whinginging Left Wingers then I can only think you've not met many.
Most who disagree with your view on this forum, to me, appear to be middle of the road and just dont blindly support a facist cabal that has taken over the Conservative Party..

Jim

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:42 pm

Firefly wrote:

Jackie
I Think you will find that jimgym ‘cast the first stone’ - with his remarks to me... I said very little back...

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:43 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:51 pm
Jimgward wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm
Jimgym wrote:
Oh would I, and reading the constant stream of drivel and general whingeing crap you post, who could blame me eh. Stop giving it out if you cant take the flak back.
Methinks that’s where the name calling started...,. What I said is a funny statement used in Scotland...

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:32 pm

Firefly wrote:

Jackie
Totally agree, you have
Jim Ward
Les Bean
Lloyd (HIC) Who has his website and contact details plastered all over the site
Jim B which is my real name and surname initial and real contact details available in personal information section.

Then you have

Firefly
Jimgym
Diocitian
Theres loads more but it appears most working under anonymity are either Brexiteers or Conservatives, I wonder why.

Jim Buchan

Firefly

Post by Firefly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 pm

Jim

How do I know if the names you quote are genuine ? I could say that I'm called Jackie Johnson, but I'm not.

I still say that things posted on here, would never be said to a person's face, one might even end up in A & E. I think it's best to bear that in mind before posting, as one day you might meet. This happened to me on C.L. the person was quite abrupt bordering on rude, in his post in response to mine, he thought that he was anonymous, but I worked out who he was, when we met by chance I told him so. Do you know, from that day on, that guy was so nice to me. Funny what a difference a face to face meeting makes.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Jim B

Post by Jim B » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 pm

Well I know mine is real, it's the name on my Birth Certificate with my middle name Stewart. I know Lloyd's name is real as I've met him personally and as said it's on his web site Safety First, I dont think he would be working under an alias, do you?
I think Les is too long in the tooth to work under an alias and Jim Ward is who he says he is, doesn't come across as a wilting flower.

Jim

Firefly

Post by Firefly » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:51 pm

Jim B

Wilting flower ? what are you getting at ? You studiously ignored the main part of my post.

There are people who post on here who know me personally, and my surname, which I have no intention of posting on here. Why should I ? You are deliberately trying to needle me I think. It won't wash, and I won't rise to the bait. :D

Have a nice day Jim, what's left of it.