Happy Halloween!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Happy Halloween!

Post by Dominic »

As it is Halloween and the spirits of the departed are set to walk the Earth, placated only by sweets and small denomination coins, we thought it the perfect time to pay a visit to some spooky Akamas sites. So sit back and enjoy our trip to a pre-Christian Burial Ground and a spooky old mine, with not a janitor in sight.

Read the article and chat about it below...

halloween_masthead.jpg
halloween_masthead.jpg (40.01 KiB) Viewed 2067 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Mark

Re: Happy Halloween!

Post by Mark »

Didn't feel the peace you referred to when you switched of the torch Dominic!!!

Definitely not a trip for the faint hearted, some of the rocks show signs of an imminent collapse.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Another amazing blog thanks, Dominic!

I've walked the Smigies nature trail twice, once hauling Smudger (Jacs) alongside me. I thought I had a keen eye for local detail, but never spotted this sort of ancient history that you found.

Had I spotted those caves, and not carrying a decent torch, there is NO way I would have ventured inside... You never know wotz living in there. A nest of BNVs? A rabies infected fox? Giant terantulas? Large rats? OMG, nightmares now...

AL ;)
Gone but not forgotten...
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Nice blog again Dominic and this within a few hours after returning from your trip. It would take me 2 days for the text and upload photos... :roll:
How many meters the drift went in? I was there in this area back in the 80th and there was a gate blocking the entrance from entering. I wonder if there was any bad smell?
Max
Last edited by cyprusmax47 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

As an added bit of fun, can anybody find the five spooky skulls I superimposed on some of the pictures?

I was pleasantly surprised to note that the mines didn't smell of wee at all. There was still a gate on the main cave there, but it had no lock. The multi-level cave had no such gate.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

Another great blog, thank you.