Road Tax Renewal - no longer through JCCSmart

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Road Tax Renewal - no longer through JCCSmart

Post by galexinda »

On JCCSmart site:

'The Department of Road Transport of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and Works announces that, from 6.6.2023 at 11 o'clock in the afternoon, there will be no renewal of driving licenses from the JCC page.

Driving licenses will only be renewed from the Road Transport Department's online services page' .
https://www.jccsmart.com/road-transport ... nt/4888160

Department of Transport site:

Licence Renewal
For any assistance regarding the Vehicle registration number and owner’s reference number please call Road Transport Department at 22807000.
https://rtd.mcw.gov.cy/WebPhase1/RoadTa ... et?lang=en

Just checked my vehicle details and site confirmed the road tax is paid until December 2023
First box on the left is your cars number plate.
Middle box you need to enter the last 3 digits of the id that the car is registered to (Passport/Cyprus ID)
And box on the right, is the period you want it registered for.
memory man

Re: Road Tax Renewal - no longer through JCCSmart

Post by memory man »

Is this "Driving Licences" OR "Road Tax renewal" ?

Or is it both?
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

A friend of mine is currently trying to re register his car, then to pay road tax. He was told to ring the transport dept. He rang it last Thursday. No reply to his call, phone unanswered.
On Friday morning he spent 2.5hrs queuing there. He eventually filled in his re registering form for the car. But was then told it was too late for his car registration that day!
He must return on Monday morning, queue again, to hopefully do this!
He still has to pay his road tax. Hopefully on Monday?
The point is, if the Min of Transport is in such chaos now, how could they handle all the registrations for new road tax cum next January?
Dee
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

memory man wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:22 pm Is this "Driving Licences" OR "Road Tax renewal" ?

Or is it both?
It's Road Tax Renewal - as shown in the link - it's just the way it translates.

Cheers

Steve
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

Kili01 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:19 am The point is, if the Min of Transport is in such chaos now, how could they handle all the registrations for new road tax cum next January?
Dee
It's an online service so no need for appointments/queuing regardless when renewed.

Flooding aside, generally Govt. depts. have improved their online facilities as a consequence of Covid.

Cheers

Steve
Mike1940

Post by Mike1940 »

Road Tax renewal
Does his mean that every January when I come to tax my Car, which is kept at the airport, I cannot use JCC and have to find another way to pay this tax from the UK. Anyone with a concrete idea on how this will work?
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

Mike1940 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:18 pm Road Tax renewal
Does his mean that every January when I come to tax my Car, which is kept at the airport, I cannot use JCC and have to find another way to pay this tax from the UK. Anyone with a concrete idea on how this will work?
Yes - it works as it says - instead of going to JCC Smart to pay you would instead go
to https://rtd.mcw.gov.cy/WebPhase1/RoadTa ... et?lang=en
and renew/pay through there.

HTH

Cheers

Steve
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is already 'LIVE" I opened up the link and both cars are already there listed
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Steve, thanks for that info. Very useful. Wonder how you got hold of this web address, I didn't see any mention of it on the Min of Transport website. Mind you, its mostly in Greek!

Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Kili01 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:11 am Steve, thanks for that info. Very useful. Wonder how you got hold of this web address, I didn't see any mention of it on the Min of Transport website. Mind you, its mostly in Greek!

Dee
The link was in the opening comment - thanks to Steve for putting it on again later as it is very important.