Sharing photos confusion …

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
MacManiac

Sharing photos confusion …

Post by MacManiac »

My darling wife’s phone is dying and she needs another one. She would like to share the photos she takes on her phone and send them to her iPad. But there seems no easy and seamless way to do it. She can’t afford an iPhone and Android phones seem to be locked out of the Apple ecosystem.

The various Android apps that claim to be able to do this have some awful reviews.

Has anyone faced this problem and resolved it?
Miloman

Re: Sharing photos confusion …

Post by Miloman »

Hi, the "send anywhere" app is available on all devices and will transfer files from and too any device. I have used it for a long time and it is safe and very good. Both devices need to be on the same network. The app is free.
Previously MofArodes on CL
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Miloman wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:25 am Hi, the "send anywhere" app is available on all devices and will transfer files from and too any device. I have used it for a long time and it is safe and very good. Both devices need to be on the same network. The app is free.
Thank you for that. I’ll investigate it. My wife will no doubt add you to her Christmas card list.
J B

Post by J B »

Mrs B has the Google Photos app on her I PhOnE which syncs with her ApPlE photos app on her IpAd

Could you put the Google photos app on the iPad?
J B
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

J B wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:35 am Mrs B has the Google Photos app on her I PhOnE which syncs with her ApPlE photos app on her IpAd

Could you put the Google photos app on the iPad?
I’ll look into that. But the “sendanywhere” route, as suggested above, works seamlessly but you just never know. Thanks for the suggestion.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Does your wife's phone have a slot for a SIM card? You could just put it on that.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.