TV down?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

TV down?

Post by Devil »

It seems that the Dutch police have clamped down on a major IPTV supplier with over 1 million users.
https://www.europol.europa.eu/media-pre ... etherlands
WHL

Re: TV down?

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 7:01 pm It seems that the Dutch police have clamped down on a major IPTV supplier with over 1 million users.
https://www.europol.europa.eu/media-pre ... etherlands
No problem there are plenty more to choose from.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have lost our live TV channels watched via a Mag Box
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

This will happen from time to time, I have two supliers both have no problems, I hope you can sort yours out Trev....Let me know if you need another more reliable server.
Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:18 pm https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65697595
Plenty more from were they came.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It would seem that there may be two different issues here, one in the UK and the other in the Netherlands. In both cases, a small group of persons made a lot of lolly by pirating video streams. It is pure speculation by myself but I strongly suspect that it is not a coincidence that the two clamp-downs happened within a couple of days of each other. I'll even hazard a guess that a lot of people will lose their television services in the near future. The thin end of the wedge has already been hammered in.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Devil wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:07 am It would seem that there may be two different issues here, one in the UK and the other in the Netherlands. In both cases, a small group of persons made a lot of lolly by pirating video streams. It is pure speculation by myself but I strongly suspect that it is not a coincidence that the two clamp-downs happened within a couple of days of each other. I'll even hazard a guess that a lot of people will lose their television services in the near future. The thin end of the wedge has already been hammered in.
The authorities will make it harder for these people to operate illegal streaming services, but they will never stop it, they have tried to ban the groups getting paid by closing bank accounts, pay pall etc, so these groups use crypto currency .
Hers a thought stop paying footballers hundreds of thousands a week and bring the legit Sky tv , BT etc prices down, then alot of people wouldn't choose dodgy suppliers.