CHIPPED WINDSCREEN

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
poolriver

CHIPPED WINDSCREEN

Post by poolriver »

Hi,

Could any of you lovely people give a recommendation for the above, it's only a small chip but would like to catch it early.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Jim.
Ancient History

Re: CHIPPED WINDSCREEN

Post by Ancient History »

Tel 26 960090. Trikkis Autoglass situated at 5 Demokratias Avenue, roughly behind Alexander College. They should be able to help.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Also, get in touch with your insurers. Many of them include replacement glass without any charge..
It is worth a phone call, sadly I found out too late
Trev..
poolriver

Post by poolriver »

Thank you both for replies, much appreciated.

Jim.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:03 am Also, get in touch with your insurers. Many of them include replacement glass without any charge..
I had a chip and my insurance paid for a new windscreen, I also had the choice of who fitted it so i took it to the main dealer and had a volkswagen windscreen fitted rather then a chinese copy.
WHL

Post by WHL »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:03 am Also, get in touch with your insurers. Many of them include replacement glass without any charge..
I had a chip and my insurance paid for a new windscreen, I also had the choice of who fitted it so i took it to the main dealer and had a volkswagen windscreen fitted rather then a chinese copy.
Mighty Sprite

Post by Mighty Sprite »

Used Trikkis yesterday for a chip repair. Takes about an hour but I will be honest, I was not impressed.

I thought that it was supposed to be invisible but you can still see a white dot in the glass. When I complained I was told that it "just stopped cracking" and couldn't get anything else out of them. They also left some sort of residue on the outside surface alongside the repair.

However, the chip shouldn't spread into a crack!