Cyprus Driving Licence Lost

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Mike J

Cyprus Driving Licence Lost

Post by Mike J »

I left Cyprus in 2021 to return to the UK but decided to keep using my Cyprus licence until it expired in 2024 . On a recent trip to the USA I managed to lose it .
I have been onto the DVLA here ( who by the way have now recovered from Covid and are meeting their targets ) as the Cyprus Min. Of Transport says if you are no longer in Cyprus you need to apply for a lost licence in the country of residence .
The DVLA have advised that I need a Letter of Entitlement from Cyprus and they can then issue me with a UK one as I took my test here ( many years ago ) and they stil have a record of my UK diver’s licence that I gave up to get the Cyprus one.
My problem is I can get no response from the Driving licence department . I’m wondering if one of the people who assist expats to obtain their Cyprus licence might help as they certainly know their way around the Driver’s Licence Department. Can anyone please give me a phone number so i can ask them or indeed have any other idea ? I do have a photo of both the front and back of the licence by the way.
Best
Mike
LouiseCastricum

Re: Cyprus Driving Licence Lost

Post by LouiseCastricum »

https://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/papd/papd.ns ... endocument

Citizens Service Center might help.
Louise :)
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Thanks, I have been trying to phone but without luck
Is Gwenny still doing her cut red tape business does anyone know?
Cheers
Mike
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

As far as I know she is still active

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Gwenn ... 32.4166467
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, she is! Give her office a ring. Mention that you have photos of both sides of your lost license which will probably help tracing it. The ministry of transport here is often hard to reach, but hope she can help.

Good luck!
Dee
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

Thanks Dee,
I phone her office but it looks like they can’t help . They think i will have to fly down and go in person . So advice for others. Change your licence the moment you return to the UK just in case you lose it. Also despite what you hear driving on an EU licence is a red rag to a bull to insurance companies in the UK . Most turn you down flat as they think you have been driving on the wrong side of the road i guess and the RAC who did insure me insisted on 3rd party only for the first year
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

It might be worth giving https://www.facebook.com/redtaperesolved/services a try.
Charis sorted out several problems for a previous member of the forum & you've nothing to lose by contacting him.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Mike,
Poor you, feel sorry for you with this predicament. If all else fails you just may have to come back here yourself, but maybe Tuppence's suggestion will help you. Hope so.

Problem is that since Brexit, all Brits are now treated like 3rd class citizen's here, this makes all dealings with Govt depts here likely to be much more difficult than it was when we were EU citizens.
Blame Brexit for a lot of the UK's present problems

Dee.