Energy Minister slams call for immediate suspension of subsidization of photovoltaic programmes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paphos Life

Energy Minister slams call for immediate suspension of subsidization of photovoltaic programmes

Post by Paphos Life »

Energy Minister Natasa Pilides has slammed the island's electricity transmission operators over their call for the immediate suspension of subsidization programmes for the installation of photovoltaic panels. They are citing imminent danger to the security and stability of the grid but the Minister highly disputed this. "It is unacceptable, unbelievable and frustrating on their behalf to ...

Read the article and chat about it below...
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Energy Minister slams call for immediate suspension of subsidization of photovoltaic programmes

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Instead to create panic it would help the situation if the public (PV-owner) was informed how the grid network would cope much better. For example to use electric loads if possible in times the sun is shining instead of the night. I explained it already in my post yesterday......
viewtopic.php?t=18304

In my opinion the installation of more PV systems would reduce the load in daytime on the grid, specially in summer when everybody runs air-cons.
For example my installation of 3 kWp produces now in Jan from 9AM-3PM more or less the amount of electricity I use in the house at that time without importing or exporting electricity to the grit. (2 air-cons, pool pump sometimes, fridges, electronics...)

Also I would make it compulsory that any new pool installed must have a solar pool pump as electric pool pumps are next to air-cons the largest consumers of electricity in CY. Again it would effect the grid only positive....

Max