Property insurance renewal.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ast

Property insurance renewal.

Post by ast »

I have just had the renewal for my property and contents insurance and was surprised that the premium has gone up by £250 GBP for the next year (Intasure). i think thats a bit rich in anyones eyes.

So I have been shopping around and there are deffinatly some far more atractive deals about with an even better policy, I think Intasure are losing a customer this year. Atlantic whom we have been with before are looking the better option just now. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
trevnhil

Re: Property insurance renewal.

Post by trevnhil »

I used to use Intasure. But a couple of years ago I changed to Abbeygate. I paid the premium just couple of days ago and the policy is with Lloyds Home
Trev..
daveg

Post by daveg »

Am with Intersure...simply because they cover retain walls, of which we have quite a few...plus the standard £1million cover ..
A couple of years ago I got quotes from local companies who wanted ME to estimate cost of retain walls...I'm not a builder....
WHL

Post by WHL »

You only find out how good an insurance company is when you make a claim, ive been with Atlantic for over thirty years, not the cheapest, but ive claimed a couple of times on our house insurance, one time a major claim as we got flooded by a broken pipe, they paid up promptly and fairly, how many of these cheapo companys will do the same, in my experience saving your self a few hundred a year could cost you thousands in the long run.
Cheshire Lad

Post by Cheshire Lad »

My Intasure renewal has just come in with a €60 hike over last year; which was preceded by a €60 hike the year before.

I’m now seeing silly Building and Contents figures conjured up from who knows where.

Is there a way of getting a realistic value on rebuilding.? I’m thinking a about the ETEK technical organisation
Beachchef

Post by Beachchef »

I had the same issue you may find looking at the policy they have put up the building cost quite a bit mine was over 90 k more than last year Had them to quite again putting the build up by 20 k. It now works out to be 89 euros more that last year
But like w h l says we only know how good they are when you make a claim
KandK

Post by KandK »

We were also with Intasure and also switched to using Abbeygate. Much happier now.