Reporting a theft

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sashascot

Reporting a theft

Post by Sashascot »

Is it worthwhile reporting a theft to the police ? Last night I had a gas bottle and regulator stolen and both my neighbour and I had water take from our outside supply. My neighbour has had his car broken not three times ,reported this to the police but never even had a visit from them.We live in Chlorakas where there was a police station on a temporary basis .Any advice on what to do ?
WHL

Re: Reporting a theft

Post by WHL »

Always report a theft, yesterday it was a gas bottle tommorow it might be something more serious, tell your friend to get in touch with the police they reported the car break in and ask why no report was made, if at anytime you genuinely think the local police are not doing what they should be doing, email the police HQ in Nicosia, they will take your concerns seriously, we have contacted them a couple of times over the years and they got back to us and we got results
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

I'd report it also.

If you don't then certainly nothing will happen to resolve the incident and as WHL says, things may get worse and more serious.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

You will need a police report number for any insurance claim as well. Sad times that all these thefts are now occuring.
All things are possible