It’s Official - from the OBR -Brexit is much worse for UK economy than even COVID pandemic

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Jimgward

Re: It’s Official - from the OBR -Brexit is much worse for UK economy than even COVID pandemic

Post by Jimgward »

The frakking in the North West caused earth tremors and people were worried it would get worse…. In the USA, water pollution has been widespread.
Jim B

Re: It’s Official - from the OBR -Brexit is much worse for UK economy than even COVID pandemic

Post by Jim B »

Jimgward wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:52 pm The frakking in the North West caused earth tremors and people were worried it would get worse…. In the USA, water pollution has been widespread.
Jim

I'm from the North West and there have always been earthquakes in the region, some severe, usually eminating from Wales. They were happening well before Frakking was even thought of.
I read an article last week which said that water pollution caused by Frakking has been disproved, you can check it out.
People as you well know will use any argument to further their agenda.
By the way they've been extracting oil on the Fylde Coast since the 1940s.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Having been brought up in Lanarkshire, with both grandfathers being miners who died of silicosis, my area would also have massive amounts of shale gas and oil, as the entire central belt was mined.

They used to say Newcastle was famous for Coal and Steel, while Lanarkshire was famous for Steel’n’Coal 🥴