Daily Mial on line.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Chaddy

Daily Mial on line.

Post by Chaddy »

AS a regular reader of the Daily Mail on line they have now told me ( in as many words ) that I have an ad blocker and I will have to cancel it to read their paper,,,,grrrrrrr…..any one else had this,,,,,,grrrrrr again :evil:
J B

Re: Daily Mial on line.

Post by J B »

Are you OK with admitting to be a Daily Wail reader in public? :lol: ;)
J B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Fair play to them. Ad blockers are the scourge of the internet. This site doesn't get much money from google ads, but what it does get helps pay for the server etc. If fewer people used ad blockers it would be nice though, so if you do use an ad blocker, please consider adding this site to the white list.

And asking for info on ad blockers here will not go down well, in case anybody was thinking of doing so. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
emgee

Post by emgee »

Chaddy

Yes and the pages are full of ads, many in Greek.

Alan
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Chaddy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:41 am AS a regular reader of the Daily Mail on line they have now told me ( in as many words ) that I have an ad blocker and I will have to cancel it to read their paper,,,,grrrrrrr…..any one else had this,,,,,,grrrrrr again :evil:
This happened to me a few weeks back. I have turned the Adblocker off, and using the scroll wheel I have enlarged the page so the adverts down each side don't show
Trev..
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:31 am
J B wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:55 amAre you OK with admitting to be a Daily Wail reader in public? :lol: ;)

Give him a break...it's not as if he fessed up to being an Express reader :lol

Yes HIC give me a break,,i could be a Guardian reader...Oh dear :shock:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:03 am Fair play to them. Ad blockers are the scourge of the internet. This site doesn't get much money from google ads, but what it does get helps pay for the server etc. If fewer people used ad blockers it would be nice though, so if you do use an ad blocker, please consider adding this site to the white list.

And asking for info on ad blockers here will not go down well, in case anybody was thinking of doing so. :)
Just white listed you :lol:
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Daily Mail sales in the UK are about to increase as people panic buy loo roll.
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Why knock the Daily Mail,its the biggest selling newspaper in the UK.So are you knocker,s saying that the majority of newspaoer buyers have a poor choice. :?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

I also read the Daily Mail online. I have adblocker but for many sites, I allow them in. Also, do what Trev did and expanded the site so the adds are now minimal at the sides.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I don't buy papers nor do I download them (perhaps exceptionally 1-2 times/year, if there is a news item of interest) but I read the BBC headlines just to get an idea what is happening over the spectrum of publishers. However, my daughter brought with her The Times on Thursday. I was shocked to see that, instead of just reliable news, it has also become partially tabloidish (and horribly bulky with 70-odd pages). Shows that I left the UK in 1963!