Confused dot com

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Confused dot com

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:33 pm So we have to accept that we will never eradicate TB in cattle, so why spend money trying to do it ?
So you don't mind all your dairy products come from TB-infected milk? Get real.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Devil

Sometimes I think you are just being obtuse. You have stated that testing for TB is not effective, you also state that vaccine isn't 100%, then this ! And what pray, does 'Get real' mean?

What is your solution ? what procedure do you think will be effective ?
Last edited by Firefly on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

When I was a young lad I used to deliver milk before school and they had several different types; sterilized, fresh, Channel Island and TT which stood for Tuberculin Tested so they must have tested for it in the early sixties.
Nowadays milk sold to the public is pasteurized.

Jim
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

We have diverged. Jackie stated the EU prevents testing of cattle for TB, which has been shown, like all the other EU ‘laws’ to be scaremongering.

Sadly, there is no easy solution.

Bit it does show how the MSM in the UK convinced so many people that EU bad, UK good.

I heard on LBC today, people stating on LBC today how they voted leave because they didn’t want their children to fight in an EU army and conscription starts in 2020! Others that they still believed Turkey was set to be admitted as Boris said so in 2016.

Honestly. I spoke to my better half’s uncle today, who voted Brexit. He is now 100% remain and so angry at how he was lied to. By so many.
Last edited by Jimgward on Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

No I said that the EU prevented vaccination.

My Son In Law, a died in the wool Labour voter, voted to remain. Now he says that if we had another referendum, he would vote to leave, because that was the democratic vote but it has not been carried out......yet.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jackie

I think we will leave, but only with a deal. The country is split and only a deal will accommodate the Remainers AND the Leavers.

Boris doesn't want a deal as he is desperate to get out completely before the Money Laundering laws come in in Jan 2020. Farage and others are the same. There is a deal to be had and I think parliament would now vote for a version of May's deal. Perhaps with NI backstop in the Irish Sea?
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Jimgw

Who knows, all I know is that we are all fed up of the whole sorry mess. Will it ever be sorted out, I hope so, sooner rather than later.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I see Boris made the excuse that nothing is written down about his idea of a ‘deal’ as he doesn’t want it leaked..... as Lloyd says, he doesn’t want a deal, he wants out before money-laundering laws affect him and his super-rich friends
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

And of course that arch remained Theresa May made such a grand job of things didn't she?! Seems it's not only Leavers who can completely balls things up eh!
boycott

Post by boycott »

Jimgward wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:10 pm Jackie

I think we will leave, but only with a deal. The country is split and only a deal will accommodate the Remainers AND the Leavers.

Boris doesn't want a deal as he is desperate to get out completely before the Money Laundering laws come in in Jan 2020. Farage and others are the same. There is a deal to be had and I think parliament would now vote for a version of May's deal. Perhaps with NI backstop in the Irish Sea?
Jimward, any chance of any evidence of Boris, Farage and others wanting to get out before Money Laundering Laws come in in Jan 2020 or is just fake news?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

boycott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Jimward, any chance of any evidence of Boris, Farage and others wanting to get out before Money Laundering Laws come in in Jan 2020 or is just fake news?
Boycott
I doubt there's a smoking gun but below is an article which indicates what is driving Brexit. The article is over 12 months old but there are many more recent ones.

Jim

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/opini ... ion/21/06/
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

boycott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:19 pm

Of course there is no evidence, but only the naive would think this isn’t high on the agenda of Banks, Rees-Mogg and others
boycott

Post by boycott »

Jimward, so its fake news then!
You have NO evidence and just making up things that you think will discredit the leavers
boycott

Post by boycott »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:27 pm
boycott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:33 pm Jimward, so its fake news then!
You have NO evidence and just making up things that you think will discredit the leavers
So, in reply to a post I made you believe Boris is merely being altruistic in his pursuit of leave at all costs on 31 Oct. No other agenda at all?
No what I am saying is that you have no evidence at all for this allegation and you are just making up or relaying fake news.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

So, in reply to a post I made you believe Boris is merely being altruistic in his pursuit of leave at all costs on 31 Oct. No other agenda at all?
Are you saying Les Bean that Jimgward is correct?
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:51 pm Yes, I agree with his view. I'm sure Boris is not hell bent on 31 Oct, including having to break the law if required, just because he thinks he must deliver the referendum result
So you agree that Boris etc want out because of money laundering? How do you come to that assertion?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

boycott wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:37 pm
No what I am saying is that you have no evidence at all for this allegation and you are just making up or relaying fake news.
Boycott
In my opinion I'm sure you're not that naive to expect the Mega Rich to stand up and state their reasons for supporting Brexit is to avoid paying tax but let's face it if we remained in the EU they wouldn't be able to avoid paying taxes wereas after Brexit they will be able to continue to do so.
Now if you believe Lord Rothmere, the Barclay Brothers and Rupert Murdoch have swung there media empires (who are all registered offshore and pay minimal taxes) behind Brexit for the good of the people then I would have to reassess my opinion.

Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Les Bean wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm Well apart from not being able to guess any other reason for his approach to Brexit, his idea of tax free zones/ports are seen as a money laundering threat by the EU. Many of his contributors could come under scrutiny, including the Barclay brothers for whom he writes
Not conclusive I know but I'm convinced there's SOME hidden agenda
So, like Jimgward, you have zero proof but wish to taint certain people because of your viewpoint only? Thankfully we don’t have the Salem Witch Trials any more! Just because you can’t guess doesn’t mean anyone is guilty of any money laundering or tax evasion. It’s worse than trial by media here! Neither you, nor jimgward who made the original comment have offered ANY proof of the claims, apart from being “convinced” about something. Well, I’m convinced I’m going to win the lottery but I seriously doubt it’s going to happen.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I have no proof Aaron Banks received Russian money to fund Leave, but I’ll allege he did. I have no proof that George Osborne sold his family business through the Virgin Islands to save tax, but I’ll allege he did. I have no proof that Boris is a racist, but I’ll allege he is. I have proof that Boris is a liar. I have proof that his financial backers in running for Parliament and PM made serious money out of he pound collapsing on Brexit. It matters not to me and is opinion, sometimes based on fact, often based on allegations made by loads of people, most in the know and all far more intelligent than me.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Les Bean wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:14 pm Well apart from not being able to guess any other reason for his approach to Brexit, his idea of tax free zones/ports are seen as a money laundering threat by the EU. Many of his contributors could come under scrutiny, including the Barclay brothers for whom he writes
Not conclusive I know but I'm convinced there's SOME hidden agenda
So, like Jimgward, you have zero proof but wish to taint certain people because of your viewpoint only? Thankfully we don’t have the Salem Witch Trials any more! Just because you can’t guess doesn’t mean anyone is guilty of any money laundering or tax evasion. It’s worse than trial by media here! Neither you, nor jimgward who made the original comment have offered ANY proof of the claims, apart from being “convinced” about something. Well, I’m convinced I’m going to win the lottery but I seriously doubt it’s going to happen.
Alan
There's plenty of coincidences and circumstantial evidence out there, There is evidence those named are avoiding paying tax, fact not fake news. It's evident that the media barons named use their media outlets to support Brexit. It's a fact that David Cameron tried to get the the UK exempted from the tax avoidance laws (which was refused) a month before declaring a referendum. It's a fact that Cameron used rejection of Immigration controls as a reason for calling the referendum although he was told that all the legislation to control immigration was available.
Nothing I've read on here suggested the named people were money laundering or evading tax, only tax avoidance which is presently not illegal. The new EU legislation will provide transparency which to my mind is needed but with Brexit the Mega Rich can keep squirreling their millions away without paying tax on it.

Jim