Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: Does David Cameron regret the referendum...

Post by WHL »

I think Cameron is the last person to lecture any one, considering how the decisions he made regards Syria and Libya, caused thousands of deaths, that should keep him up at night rather then the referendum.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/li ... 63306.html
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

WHL wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:22 am I think Cameron is the last person to lecture any one, considering how the decisions he made regards Syria and Libya, caused thousands of deaths, that should keep him up at night rather then the referendum.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/li ... 63306.html
Unfortunately I don’t think it will. Odious man on a par with Blair.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

The only thing that he should worry about is lying through his teeth to the British people. We can see through the lies, and these are no doubt more lies, and if he can't sleep, good, he doesn't deserve to. This mess is all because he thought his 'project fear' would win, hence he had no need to prepare for Brexit.

The sheer arrogance of the man is unbelievable.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

So 17.4 million voters, including me, are “twerps” and suckers, Lloyd?
What a silly comment.
Jon
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jon
I think the quote by Abraham Lincoln really covers it and goes something like; " You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Cameron is suggesting Blojo and Gove conned a large number of those who voted leave. I'm sure many voted with the courage of their convictions but many also voted on the strength of false promises made by Blojo, Gove and Farage.
Jim
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:15 am Jon
I think the quote by Abraham Lincoln really covers it and goes something like; " You can fool some of the people all of the time and you can fool all of the people some of the time but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
Cameron is suggesting Blojo and Gove conned a large number of those who voted leave. I'm sure many voted with the courage of their convictions but many also voted on the strength of false promises made by Blojo, Gove and Farage.
Jim
However people voted there is absolutely no need for people on here, usually Loyd, to repeatedly name call. It's quite pathetic. Many people vote on false promises in every election, it's the nature of the beast.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:57 am
Firefly wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:41 pmThis mess is all because he thought his 'project fear' would win, hence he had no need to prepare for Brexit.

No, the mess is because twerps who didn't realise what they were voting for were suckered in by the lies of Boris and Farage and voted to leave the EU - our nearest, closest and largest trading partner. The same partner which enables expats like us to freely live, work, study, research or run a business in any one of 28 countries of our choosing.

BTW...and you're saying Boris isn't an accomplished liar? :shock: Boris and Gove wrote the book on lying.

I don't have particularly strong views either way on Cameron. But like Blair he caused hundreds of thousands on innocent civilians to die needlessly.

I do wish you would quit with your sanctimonious blathering. How DARE you refer to me, a Leaver, as a twerp.
Your only objection is that you might, might, have to pay duty and suffer a couple of extra days wait for your goods.
I voted Leave because I was lied to in 1975. I did not for a second believe the blurb on the bus. I couldn't give a fiddler's fart for immigration, as long as they have jobs to come to.
I lived in Cyprus for 14 years, and during that time your precious European Union STOLE money from people because the Cyprus government ballsed up,.......as usual.
You are not usually worth my annoyance at your 3 years worth of vitriol and digs at 17.4 million people, but once again you're banging on about us 17.4 million twerps.
Put a bloody sock in it, for once.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jimgym wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:15 pm
Jim B wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:15 am Jon
Jim
However people voted there is absolutely no need for people on here, usually Loyd, to repeatedly name call. It's quite pathetic. Many people vote on false promises in every election, it's the nature of the beast.
Alan
I quite agree but wasn't Kingfisher name calling the other day calling us Leavers "Traitors"? It works both ways, is being called a Twerp (A silly or annoying person) worse than calling someone you disagree with a Traitor?
It works both ways don't you think?

Jim
kingfisher

Post by kingfisher »

Jim- I do not regard you or any other Remain voter as a “traitor”, nor have I ever said so.
The only time I recall using the word was in the passage below specifically relating to certain MPs- and I meant it. I’d have used some appropriate Anglo-Saxon expletives in addition, but not on this forum!

“Re: So, the Autocratic Dictator Johnson is Proroguing parliament. Very democratic. » Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 am
"This short-sighted culling of my colleagues has stripped the party of broad-minded and dedicated Conservative MPs.
She called it an "assault on decency and democracy" after the prime minister sacked 21 "talented, loyal One Nation Conservatives".

For the above rhetoric read:
An essential and decisive action to remove twenty- odd blinkered Europhile traitors, who had shown undisguised contempt for the electorate with their “coup”. That was the real “assault on decency and democracy”- drain the swamp of these untalented EU weasels.
Jon.”
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Jon
Let's not get into he said this or I said that
I did mention it in a comment to Jimgym but I'm too old to remember where or when so I'll take you at your word.

Jim
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Outasite

I too take exception to Lloyd's personal attacks on Brexit voters.

As advised by Admin, I have made a complaint to that effect. Will it do any good ? We shall see.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
outasite

Post by outasite »

Firefly wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:56 pm Outasite

I too take exception to Lloyd's personal attacks on Brexit voters.

As advised by Admin, I have made a complaint to that effect. Will it do any good ? We shall see.

I don't mind people having views on the outcome of the vote, but his obvious glee at the total screw up that has happened, all down to the 650 in parliament, does not IMO give him carte blanche to keep commenting about Leave voters in the snidey way he does. I await Admin's comments.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Outasite
I don't believe anyone on the site gets any satisfaction in the state of play, least of all HIC whos business wil be adversely affect by Brexit on a day to day basis.
It's very frustrating when you ask every day the reasoning why people voted leave and very few can provide a constructive answer. When asked about what EU Laws they don't like, I've yet to see one Leaver give an example. You all see sovereignty in action in parliament but because it doesn't go the way Leavers expect the MPs are all "Traitors". Even Blojos government document, Yellowhammer has been called Project Fear because it doesn't sit well with Leavers ideas of how Brexit is going to work out.

You're the only person I've seen who has given a constructive reason for voting leave but have you actually read the reports over the Cyprus Haircut.
As I've stated many times I'm not very financially aware but it does make interesting reading. Cyprus got into the mess by trying to bail Greece out of its own mess. It doesn't appear to be as strait forward as you make out as a lot of the responsibility falls on the government of the day.
If being called a "Twerp" upsets people, they must have led a very sheltered life.

Jim
outasite

Post by outasite »

To Jim B and Les Bean.....
I have read and appreciate your replies. Of course the term 'twerp' doesn't make me break out in an outrageous sweat. HiC's comments over the last three years have done nothing but espouse a doom and gloom scenario. He, like every single one of us has no idea what will happen and just seems - to me at least - to assume the very worst. The Uk parliament now demands sight of all correspondence and as soon as Operation Yellowhammer was published every single remainer MP screeched the the end is nigh and the UK was a busted flush. This was a think tanks "worst case scenario" not that this was what will actually happen.
Regarding Cyprus helping out Greece, well so be it. The UK helps out many countries. My beef is the fact that Merkel and Co just told the weak Cyprus government to take money from all accounts in the 2 (I believe) main banks, on all amounts over €100,000. That to me is outright theft and totally unforgivable.
Verkofstadt or however he spells it wants a United Federal States of Europe. I bloody don't. As I said I voted Leave this time because I swallowed the lies of the politicians of the day who had already agreed a Superstate scenario behind closed doors.
I could go on and on but my main beef is the smug comments that HiC keeps spouting. He won't stop, and I dread to think how he 'll feel if his doom and gloom scenario doesn't actually come true.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Outasite
Just a couple of points and not meaning to be pedantic but with reference to Yellowhammer. The initial version leaked to the press had a title "Base Case Scenario" wereas the version released had a title "Worst Case Scenario", same document different titles. A base case scenario basically means how things will stand which is totally different to a "Worst Case Scenario".
With regards to the banks chosen to have the haircut; as I wrote, it's not as straight forward as it appears.
Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

If people get their knickers in a twist, because someone calls them a twerp, then really public forums might not be for you, have we really got to the point were people complain to Dominic, over the word twerp, feel free to call me that, I promise I will not need counselling. :roll:
WHL

Post by WHL »

Les Bean wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:59 pm Aside from all the pros and cons differences between the 2 differing viewpoints, does anyone on here really believe Blojo is altruistic in his "do or die, I'll break the law if necessary to leave on 31 Oct" because that's delivering the referendum result?
I dont know about anyone else, but I have lost the will to live re Brexit, one way or the other, please let it finish.
outasite

Post by outasite »

WHL wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:54 pm If people get their knickers in a twist, because someone calls them a twerp, then really public forums might not be for you, have we really got to the point were people complain to Dominic, over the word twerp, feel free to call me that, I promise I will not need counselling. :roll:
In my reply to Jim and Les I did actually state that being called a twerp doesn't worry me. My post is aimed at Happy in Cyprus's continuous, non stop, name calling about the 17.4 million citizens of a country he has no intention of returning to, deciding by democratic vote to leave the European Union, a confederation of 28 countries, with a population of many hundreds of millions, none of whom, apart from the politicial liars through the years, had any idea that those in charge have decided to evolve a 7 country Economic Community into a United Federal Super State, beholden to not one of the hundreds of millions of peoplebwho would live there.
That's my main gripe. And I don't appreciate someone who did not bother to vote in the referdndum calling me and 17.4 million others names.
He can call me what he likes, TBH, it will not put me in a foot stamping moody, and what I would like to call him and all the other arrogant oiks can't be put in here. I would like to say I respect his stance, but after 3 years of reading his vitriol, I can't.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd name calling has become an unchecked habit, which he continues to 'get away with' it's tedious and childish.

He doesn't upset me, but he knows full well it niggles, and he constantly get's away with it. Admin has asked how many times I have complained to him, I have not up to now, but now I have, we will see if that makes a difference.

I completely agree with Outasite, someone who couldn't be bothered to vote, has behaved like a petulant child over the outcome, maybe time to man up Lloyd, and accept that it's partly your fault.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

But he does get to you all, that's why you're all on here complaining about it. :-)

Jim