Where to buy an aluminium or UPVC front door?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Where to buy an aluminium or UPVC front door?

Post by Kili01 »

Anyone know where I can buy a good quality UPVC or Aluminium front door? Preferably in Paphos. I’ve tried Petousis and Rabal shops so far but no joy. The first had some nice looking timber front doors, only.

Thanks for any useful info on this.

Dee
daveg

Re: Where to buy an aluminium or UPVC front door?

Post by daveg »

Think there is Shop behind the old post office ,near Paps in town centre...Am sure they sell German upvc doors etc
WHL

Post by WHL »

https://muskita.com.cy/

They are the largest and supply most of the firms in Cyprus
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Go for UPVC. Better heat and sound insulation and doesn't dent.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thanks for all replies so far.I will look at the shop behind the previous Post Office. I got lost in Mosquitas’ video, mainly about their history. It didn’t seem to give an address where they can be contacted , but I suppose its in either Limassol or Nicosia.
The provision for buying a replacement front door doesn’t seem very easy in Paphos. I wonder where the developers of the many houses under construction here get theirs?
Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Kili01 wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:43 pm Thanks for all replies so far.I will look at the shop behind the previous Post Office. I got lost in Mosquitas’ video, mainly about their history. It didn’t seem to give an address where they can be contacted , but I suppose its in either Limassol or Nicosia.
The provision for buying a replacement front door doesn’t seem very easy in Paphos. I wonder where the developers of the many houses under construction here get theirs?
Dee
https://cyprus-is.com/listing/muskita-a ... 11-147490/
sued51

Post by sued51 »

Try Christos Michael -he has an aluminium shop at the back of Papantoniou in town (there are several around there and opposite Paps at the traffic lights. He has done a lot of work for me over the years mainly replacing old wooden shutters in rental properties for more secure and longer lasting aluminium ones his number is 99625055
daveg

Post by daveg »

Had white UPVC doors and windows for 12 years, no movement, discolouration at all ...even in full sun. Quality UPVC is not subject to these faults....
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

nholleran wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:13 am I would not use UPVC especial if in full sun as thee is a a lot of movement in the profile and panels especial the woodgrain colours plus they are not the best for security,
Nonsense! I've had white UPVC doors and windows for >10 years and would have no other (including south-facing). Better insulation (sound and heat), no warping, still perfect fits for both windows and doors, absolutely no maintenance needed other than a wipe with a damp cloth after a dust storm. Why best for security? Anyone can get in with a brick through the window. :evil: :(
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We have had woodgrain effect UPVC windows and doors for 8 years and there has been no deterioration at all..
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Thank you all! Some very interesting, helpful comments. I have recently replaced my old aluminum windows with good quality double glazed UPVC ones. So far they are performing well. I now want to replace my old draughty metal front door which doesn’t fit well.
But as I posted previously, where can one see a selection of preferably good quality UPVC ones? I am hoping that somewhere in Paphos new front doors are sold.
Has anyone any knowledge or has purchased a new front door for their house within the last year?
Would be very grateful for any feed back on this!

I have tried 3 possible shops, 2 on the Polis Rd. The other one prevously mentioned as being behind the old post office before this closed (since moved to Anavargos). There is no trace of this shop now. ..

Thanks for any helpful suggestions!
Dee
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We got our fly screens aluminium fly screens replaced by the following firm.They also put in our original doors and windows when our villa was built.
D & S Aluminium Ltd

Paphos Address Details
Address:
Themidos Street, Viotexniki Perioxi Paphou
Geroskipou, Paphos
Telephone:
Fax:
Email:
dsaluminium@cytanet.com.cy
darrow

Post by darrow »

There is Muskita on Mesogi avenue, right hand side from town. There is also the shop opposite Papa in town just below road level. Can't say about quality but you can see some examples.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Hi All, Thanks for all your help.

Today, I stopped at a shop/display, called Marfeel Ltd in a street near to Debenhams.
It sells UPVC double glazing, but it also had a few examples of UPVC front doors. On enquiring further, I was shown an extensive catalogue of doors! I chose one which suits, and it will be made to measure once they have been to measure my doorway. They deal with a factory in Greece and door will be shipped over to Cyprus, Incidentally, they have them in different wood grain colours and white. Also can be supplied with or without double glazed glass inserts. They even showed me colourful designs for the glass!
I can pass on details if anyone is interested.
Dee
darrow

Post by darrow »

Dee, that is one I found online but I couldn't remember the name of the company. There doors and windows seem very impressive and I particularly liked the full width doors that could be opened in different ways.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, the stuff there looks good and well made. Tilt and turn windows seem better than sliding ones and more secure too. Any glass used in the design is double glazed and the door itself is solid, they have multi point locking. Not particularly cheap, but my old front door is ripe for replacement. Thanks Darrow for suggesting it.

Dee
johnandjen1

Post by johnandjen1 »

Dee, have sent you a pm. John
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I hve also sent you a PM. Please look at it and give me your suggestions.

Dee
gdury66

Post by gdury66 »

Following a recent break-in at our apartment block, im interested in replacing our 18 year old timber framed and timber panelled profile door (developer installed entrance door) too a full plastic frame composite door with a multi locking system (door and frame locks) with a solid timber core. Any recommended suppliers within the paphos or limassol areas. many thanks