Need a motor AC compressor fitted any recommendations in the Paphos area.car

For all you Petrolheads out there...
JimX

Need a motor AC compressor fitted any recommendations in the Paphos area.car

Post by JimX »

Need a car AC compressor fitted any recommendations in the Paphos area. thank you, I have used Chris Cool..
Jim.
Uncle D

Re: Need a motor AC compressor fitted any recommendations in the Paphos area.car

Post by Uncle D »

I only know of Chris Cool, but have never used him.
I do know that compressors are very expensive when new, if a second hand/reconditioned one is fitted its pot luck if you get a good one.
If your system only needs re-gassing once a year its not worth paying for a replacement.
David
garry&jill

Re: Need a motor AC compressor fitted any recommendations in the Paphos area.car

Post by garry&jill »

Hi there
I remember having one changed on my Honda H.R.V.acouple of years ago
at chris cool it was about 230 euros I think
but no more regassing
garry
JimX

Post by JimX »

Thanks, both, I do know AC compressors are very expensive I had a new one fitted to a Golf I once had here it cost well over €420's , I would not chance a pre-owned unit personally.

I used the service center next to Costas tire shop who he recommended, what they did was put yellow dye into the system to see where if at all it was escaping from then they use special glasses to check for leaks, it was not obvious, the re-gas would only last two weeks or so, will let you know of the outcome.
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

How much was the reg-ass there Jim? I will need mine doing this year as although it is working it doesn't get cold enough during the really hot months.
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

Morning....uncle

Most places charge about €40 that I have used, but this was slightly different as he injected dye into the system to check where the gas was escaping, so all in all €50's I guess you could find the top up cheaper if you shopped around, as I was having two full sets of tires put on our cars I decided to use this shop..as Costas recommended.
Jim.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

The cost is relative to the amount of refrigerant and dye put in the system. That depends upon the volume of gas your car has in its pipework and so on. Each car is different. Your car will likely have sticker/plate in the engine bay with the type of refrigerant in the system such as R134 and the amount for example 0.6kg. My experience is work on about €10 per 0.1 kg so for my car its €60 plus a few €s extra for the flouro dye.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I read that some gas can have a sealant additive also, is this the case?
Thanks
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have never heard that they can do that uncle, sounds feasible I guess, I do not think that gas will stay in my cars system and the point of the yellow dye testing for leaks, I will return to the workshop come the time it will need another gas refill, again I will let you know what happens and if I need a new compressor the cost of that too.

cheers.

Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

OK thanks
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

''I used the service center next to Costas tire shop who he recommended, what they did was put yellow dye into the system to see where if at all it was escaping from then they use special glasses to check for leaks, it was not obvious, the re-gas would only last two weeks or so, will let you know of the outcome''.

Update.
I gave up on the AC chap next to Costas Tyre shop, he was always too busy with commercial vehicles and they seemed just not to have the time.
So went to this venue that was recommended to me by Lloyd 'Autokinhton' or 'Autoclima' on the Geroskipou industrial estate, turns out it was not a leakage of Freon Gas or the AC Compressor but a control unit at the back of the dashboard, he replaced this at a cost of €50 total now, it IS cold!! (Stelios on 99498204) highly recommended, he only services Auto AC nothing else he told me.

His email is snautoclima@cytanet.com.cy
Jim.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
Whereabouts on the industrial area is this JIm?We are looking at the main industrial site rear of Debenhams?
JimX

Post by JimX »

Tonee map by Lloyd..
Attachments
Inked001_LI (637 x 874).jpg
Inked001_LI (637 x 874).jpg (44.78 KiB) Viewed 12044 times
Jim.
tonee

Post by tonee »

Thanks Jim,I recognise where they are now.Cheers
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
Well,had to have a new compressor and various other items.Cannot fault these people,well pleased,thanks again for the recommendation,i will use these people in the future for any a/c issues and regassing.
Arrowhire

Post by Arrowhire »

I need my car AC regassed but it needs R1234 which I believe is not common over here and will be expensive. Does anyone know who has this gas and the machine to do the job?
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Try phoning the garage that has been discussed Stelios on 99498204
David
JimX

Post by JimX »

I also needed some work on our Nissan and called Stelios at 8am yesterday, he said he would be there at 9am, he was late and I gave up, warning first thing in the morning it is VERY busy with commercials being repaired over the road, so bad we had to walk back several hundred meters just to park up, had a New Condenser replaced at a family friends workshop just up the road from Chris Cool..Seems to have done the job..
Jim.