Flip Flop Warning

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
dimsum

Flip Flop Warning

Post by dimsum »

Was listening today 28 Aug to a conversation on local radio station in Paphos where 2 people have been fined 85 Euros for driving in flip flops. As I was passing the traffic police department I kindly asked the man is it illegal to drive in flip flops, reply NO but it is illegal in Greece, NOW was he telling me the truth or not. The tickets were issued in Greek and translation said inappropriate footwear. Dimsum
bromerzz

Re: Flip Flop Warning

Post by bromerzz »

I had a friend killed in an RTA when the driver who was wearing flip flops had one come off and slide under the brake pedal. When it came time to press the brake the pedal would not depress as far as needed. Next thing major impact and a dead buddy.
WHL

Post by WHL »

bromerzz wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:24 pm I had a friend killed in an RTA when the driver who was wearing flip flops had one come off and slide under the brake pedal. When it came time to press the brake the pedal would not depress as far as needed. Next thing major impact and a dead buddy.
Not a flip flop, but the same thing happened to me forty odd years ago, I had drunk a can of coke, and dropped it on the floor, coming up to some traffic lights the empty can rolled behind the pedals, and I couldn't brake properly, unfortunately I went into the back of a car, it cost me the price of a new bumper for him, but it could of been a lot worse. lesson learn, never throw rubbish on the floor.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Mark

Post by Mark »

This is essential reading, may be better in the general discussion area for wider coverage?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is in the General section on my laptop
Trev..
Mark

Post by Mark »

That's strange Trev, it's in Paphos life blog on my I pad?
Paul

Post by Paul »

If you hear flop flip ,flop flip, there you have them on the wrong way round on your feet!
:lol:
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

From tala blogspot .
Attachments
8DDDEB5D-9C43-4282-B560-377E186DA89B.jpeg
8DDDEB5D-9C43-4282-B560-377E186DA89B.jpeg (170.72 KiB) Viewed 5654 times