Visa to come to Cyprus

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
zorbathejock

Visa to come to Cyprus

Post by zorbathejock »

There has been talk of requiring visas to come to the EU if the UK leaves with no deal. If you have an MEU1/3 will you have to obtain a visa as well on your return if you leave Cyprus for a holiday in the UK?
Jim B

Re: Visa to come to Cyprus

Post by Jim B »

I would think not. When my wife used to return to Cyprus she had to show her yellow slip at check in who would then take it to be checked and photo copied. With the auto check in you have to check in and then go to the enquiry counter where again they check and photocopy your passport and yellow slip.
On arrival in Cyprus she had to go through the non-EU channels which could take between five minutes and two hours depending on the passenger numbers from non-EU countries.

Jim
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

zorbathejock wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am There has been talk of requiring visas to come to the EU if the UK leaves with no deal. If you have an MEU1/3 will you have to obtain a visa as well on your return if you leave Cyprus for a holiday in the UK?
Rumour=scaremongering
All things are possible
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Lincoln wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:42 am
zorbathejock wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:49 am There has been talk of requiring visas to come to the EU if the UK leaves with no deal. If you have an MEU1/3 will you have to obtain a visa as well on your return if you leave Cyprus for a holiday in the UK?
Rumour=scaremongering
Lincoln
Everything I wrote is how it works for TCNs which UK citizens will become after Brexit. Russians have to get visas to come here so why will we be treated differently.
The EU has said if there's no agreement we will have to have visas which is a factual statement, not a rumour.
Jim
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jim B wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:16 am
Rumour=scaremongering
Lincoln
Everything I wrote is how it works for TCNs which UK citizens will become after Brexit. Russians have to get visas to come here so why will we be treated differently.
The EU has said if there's no agreement we will have to have visas which is a factual statement, not a rumour.
Jim
However visitors from Serbia do not require a visa. Make of that whatever you want.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Varky wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:24 am
Rumour=scaremongering
Lincoln
Jim
However visitors from Serbia do not require a visa. Make of that whatever you want.
Do Cyprus have a reciprocal agreement?
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Rumour=scaremongering
Lincoln
Jim
According to the link below, they do.

Jim

https://www.cyprusvisa.eu/countries-req ... yprus.html
Varky

Post by Varky »

Jim B wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:09 am
Lincoln
Jim
According to the link below, they do.
Jim
https://www.cyprusvisa.eu/countries-req ... yprus.html
Well I can tell you that I have two visitors from Serbia staying with me for 10 days and they didn't require a visa. Just goes to show that you can't always rely on links, be it the BBC or wikipedia etc.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Cyprus lets visitors in if they have a Schengen Visa, we've had several friends studying in EU countries from Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan who have Schengen Visas. The link I posted above was a Cypriot government website by the way.

Jim
TandC

Post by TandC »

Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Varky with his point about Visas and none required for Serbia. Serbia is Russian and Cyprus is a communist country or at least the last government was, and they seem to love a close relationship with Russia, so where does he get his info from?
WHL

Post by WHL »

Mike.1940 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:07 pm Varky with his point about Visas and none required for Serbia. Serbia is Russian and Cyprus is a communist country or at least the last government was, and they seem to love a close relationship with Russia, so where does he get his info from?
Bit early to be drinking :lol:
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Does the information in the link provided still stand?
It's a bit outdated and based on details not long after the referendum (with a few updates). Not sure how many rewrites there have been so far to the "deal" so I think I would be more inclined to see what happens after 31 October....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
TandC

Post by TandC »

Modified in July this year according to the bottom of the sheet
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Yes, I saw that - I wonder which bit that was?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

I see no reason for the situation to change from the present, where a UK citizen is permitted to enter Cyprus for up to 90 days if they are bona fide visitors. The list of countries is wide and varied and is not limited to the EU etc.
http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2016.nsf/A ... enDocument

So unless Cyprus intends to arbitrarily change the status quo, the current arrangements will prevail after Brexit, deal or no deal!

NB: Serbia is in this list for holders of biometric passports, just to answer someone else's question.