Full moon yesterday

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Full moon yesterday

Post by cyprusmax47 »

It supposed to be a very special full moon on the 15th, so I took my camera and tried to produce some pics and what I could see with my eyes was great. However there was so much humidity in lower levels that the photos are a bit blurred though...

Moon rise near the wind park

still colorful

Moon in higher position now and less humidity...

Max
Ancient History

Re: Full moon yesterday

Post by Ancient History »

Absolutely beautiful! Thank you.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Ancient History wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:12 am Absolutely beautiful! Thank you.
This is the article (Google translated) from PaphosPress 2 days ago:

"In the most famous and romantic full moon of the year we will have the opportunity to enjoy tonight.

The August full moon, which coincides with the 15th of August this year, has inspired many artists, writers and others because of its brightness, beauty and magic.

The full moon will shine through the night and appear on the horizon in a pale orange color, soon turning pale yellow before finally rising even higher and giving us its bright white glow."

At least I got the three colours in my pics....even when they are a bit blurred unfortunately.

Mx
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Nice pics.

The trouble with all these special and rare full moon nights, is that we have had an awful lot of them in the last year or so. They are certainly not once in a blue moon events, if you excuse the pun.

However, I know how hard getting decent moon shots can be, so don't let that observation detract from my appreciation of your pics. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

Beautiful pictures. Thank you. It was certainly like dusk for the whole night (until bedtime ;) )
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

mike strand2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:09 am Beautiful pictures. Thank you. It was certainly like dusk for the whole night (until bedtime ;) )
Glad you like my pics. I am waiting since days to photograph the Milky Way but it is too much humidity and the full moon doesn't help either... :roll:

Max
Ams

Post by Ams »

Thanks for the photos Max. I watched it rise from Timi beach, with its light reflecting on the sea, and it was stunning. It was nice to see quite a few people stop and watch it and take photos.

I took quite a few pics, over the next half hour, but sadly I only had my phone and underwater camera - I was really missing my proper camera with the zoom lens.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Dominic wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:35 am Nice pics.

The trouble with all these special and rare full moon nights, is that we have had an awful lot of them in the last year or so. They are certainly not once in a blue moon events, if you excuse the pun.

However, I know how hard getting decent moon shots can be, so don't let that observation detract from my appreciation of your pics. :)

As the Moon is waning, one can see much better the craters at the edge now 6 days after full moon...

Max